The Cost Of Traffic Lights - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Cost Of Traffic Lights

On the basis that somebody on here always knows something about everything I just thought I'd ask.

The school my 3 went to is on a busy main road and a few years ago the school stopped parents coming in to drop off kids after an accident inside the school grounds. Parents now park up in a big lay bye on the other side of the road and kids cross the road.

Kid was knocked over and broke a few limbs and was off school for a long time.

Solution appears to be to install a crossing with phased traffic lights but nothing has been done as the cost quoted by the council is £100k

Just strikes me that £100k for a set of traffic lights is a lot of money and though I've tried googling to find out there`s not much out there to assist.

So, anybody got any idea how much a set of traffic lights costs ?

On the basis that somebody on here always knows something about everything I just thought I'd ask.

The school my 3 went to is on a busy main road and a few years ago the school stopped parents coming in to drop off kids after an accident inside the school grounds. Parents now park up in a big lay bye on the other side of the road and kids cross the road.

Kid was knocked over and broke a few limbs and was off school for a long time.

Solution appears to be to install a crossing with phased traffic lights but nothing has been done as the cost quoted by the council is £100k

Just strikes me that £100k for a set of traffic lights is a lot of money and though I've tried googling to find out there`s not much out there to assist.

So, anybody got any idea how much a set of traffic lights costs ?

Use FOI to ask them to evidence how they got to that figure.