Bolton V Liverpool - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bolton V Liverpool

Anyway, why was there a pipe band at the game? I had the TV on mute and only saw them marching up the side of the pitch.

I know it's been mentioned about the Indian pipe band being the reason, which is obviously the case but I have never experienced hospitality like I have at a game in my life before as I did at a Bolton game a few years back. Down for the weekend and one of the boys had his kilt on and their fans were falling over backwards to talk football to us. They have had a few scottish players over the years that they loved but they hero worship john mcginlay. Idolisation ain't strong enough. Spent an evening with a whole load of them in the pub at the stadium and wasnt allowed to put my hand in my pocket. Proper love the scots at the reebok.

I was gutted when they said they thought the great Chico charnley was pish for them though. I corrected them and told them he was the best player to have ever been produced by scotland. Was just a mentalist and was probably keeping his heid doon whilst with them for fear of machete attacks!