Katy Clark And Group Of Hanger Ons. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Katy Clark And Group Of Hanger Ons.

Yes... Because Katy always falls into line :lol:

She personally doesn't support independence... But as far as I know Katy is the only MP who polled her constituents on what stance they'd like her to adopt during the referendum campaign :ok:

how did she do this ? and what was the result... would she have voted YES if the ayrshire north people had said they would..

or was it a sham consultation, with votes going out to her supporters?

genuinely interested...

how did she do this ? and what was the result... would she have voted YES if the ayrshire north people had said they would..

or was it a sham consultation, with votes going out to her supporters?

genuinely interested...

There was a leaflet through the door with a form to be returned to her office. Would she have personally voted Yes if the people of North Ayrshire had indicated they favoured independence? I doubt it, it was her personal vote and she made it clear she opposed independence. The question was how her constituents wanted her to represent them in the independence campaign, do I believe she'd have put her personal views aside to represent her constituents for a Yes if the vote had went that way? Absolutely.

I don't believe you are genuinely interested, you appear to have made up your mind that it was a sham. I don't believe the votes went to her supporters, I received one and I was an SNP member at the time.

There was a leaflet through the door with a form to be returned to her office. Would she have personally voted Yes if the people of North Ayrshire had indicated they favoured independence? I doubt it, it was her personal vote and she made it clear she opposed independence. The question was how her constituents wanted her to represent them in the independence campaign, do I believe she'd have put her personal views aside to represent her constituents for a Yes if the vote had went that way? Absolutely.

I don't believe you are genuinely interested, you appear to have made up your mind that it was a sham. I don't believe the votes went to her supporters, I received one and I was an SNP member at the time.

no need for the last bit... i have done nothing to deserve your cynicism...

i trust your view point and statements , so if it had been a sham, i am sure you would have said so..

i got a letter from the labour party in my bit and it was obviously a sham... a loaded Question, ie do you believe we are better together etc etc .. obviously the returns from that would come from those supporters. so not a true representation.

Good for her, if she sent a letter out asking 'do you think Scotland should be an independent country'

what was the question,, was it loaded? or was it what the referendum question asked?

It is obviously a mute point, but if the returns had shown YES, how could she represent the YES side if she was voting no... campaign for LFI? perhaps. interesting,, but we will never know..

I don't advocate the Labour Party my friend :ok:. Unless things have changed that I've missed, the SNP are also appreciators of the TTIP agreement.

The Labour Party need purged, but replacing them with like for like Neoliberalism is not the answer for me :)

I received this information regarding TTIP and the SNP Government

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has stated that she strongly opposes the inclusion of public services in TTIP, that she has big concerns about the rights of corporations to sue governments (ISDS), and that she opposes any agreement that has terms like that included in it.

At FMQs on 4th December, Nicola Sturgeon said: “I will fight tooth and nail against any moves to privatise the NHS in Scotland by the back door, and if the TTIP agreement ever put that threat, it would be opposed strongly by this Government.”

The Scottish Government has made several representations to the UK Government and the European Commission on TTIP to make concerns about the national health service and public services very clear.

no need for the last bit... i have done nothing to deserve your cynicism...

i trust your view point and statements , so if it had been a sham, i am sure you would have said so..

i got a letter from the labour party in my bit and it was obviously a sham... a loaded Question, ie do you believe we are better together etc etc .. obviously the returns from that would come from those supporters. so not a true representation.

Good for her, if she sent a letter out asking 'do you think Scotland should be an independent country'

what was the question,, was it loaded? or was it what the referendum question asked?

It is obviously a mute point, but if the returns had shown YES, how could she represent the YES side if she was voting no... campaign for LFI? perhaps. interesting,, but we will never know..

Apologies, in hindsight it was harsh! :ok:

If memory serves it was a short paragraph that said she was looking for views of constituents on how to best represent her constituency then asked the actual referendum question.

I've wondered myself how she'd have represented a Yes vote, LFI would have been logical but I've never approached her on it. She's a founding member of the People's Assembly who's mantra is that people should have the representation they desire, or be able to sack their government at national level or their MP at local level. She's very much a people's representative.

I received this information regarding TTIP and the SNP Government

I was aware of that from Nicola, Oor sheepy friend also brought it up this morning. I was careful not to state that the SNP are supporters of TTIP, I believe my term "appreciators" is accurate for the moment.