Any Cyclists Out Here ? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Cyclists Out Here ?

Almost exactly the same scenario as myself! Ridden a MTB for almost 20 years, bought a road bike but was forever getting punctues as I was just too used to throwing the MTB about.

Just two weeks ago I picked up a new Boardman cyclocross. Love it! Great on roads and handles cycle paths/tracks easily. I'm doing John O'Groats to Coldstream in June on it ?

Couple of guys I work with got the boardman cyclecross, I had ordered one as well but there was a problem with the crank shaft in both my colleagues bikes, one that has since been remodied. So being impatient, like buzz, I went for a forme cx sport cyclecross (it's a great bike I have to say) and got a great deal (we bought two, a guy a work with as well). I have to say the boardman team is a cracking high spec bike as well. A beautiful thing to look at as well. One of the boys does a 45 mile round commute on it and loves every second....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of guys I work with got the boardman cyclecross, I had ordered one as well but there was a problem with the crank shaft in both my colleagues bikes, one that has since been remodied. So being impatient, like buzz, I went for a forme cx sport cyclecross (it's a great bike I have to say) and got a great deal (we bought two, a guy a work with as well). I have to say the boardman team is a cracking high spec bike as well. A beautiful thing to look at as well. One of the boys does a 45 mile round commute on it and loves every second....

So I was hoping to take delivery of my nice new flying machine on Saturday... set off for work this morning on my mtb,front wheel went on some black ice & doon ah went... Broke ma fkin arm so no cycling for me for a while. .. Ffs. ..

So I was hoping to take delivery of my nice new flying machine on Saturday... set off for work this morning on my mtb,front wheel went on some black ice & doon ah went... Broke ma fkin arm so no cycling for me for a while. .. Ffs. ..

Man up FFS. If you cannae go a bike with one hand you shouldn't be allowed to own one.

If you can't master the no hands going down a hill what sort of cyclist are you ?

That's an absolute gutter breaking your arm just before the new bike arriving though, hope your out & about on it soon & obviously tht the crash hasn't put you off...

Should be ashamed of yourself.Read this.Then get out on your bike

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/analysis/from-the-pages-of-velo-remembering-hardman-fiorenzo-magni_262015

Man up FFS. If you cannae go a bike with one hand you shouldn't be allowed to own one.

I can cycle no handed,braking can be difficult though! Not enjoying this bus in the slightest although ma painkillers are magic,reckon I could fly to work masel!