Netherlands away tips. - Netherlands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands away tips.

gspain

I’m the Republic of Ireland SLO.  We played in the Amsterdam ArenA in November.  Just a few tips that might be useful for your game.  A large number of our fans missed kick-off and some missed a lot of the game.

The Strandvliet metro station on line 54 is more convenient for the away end. It is the station before the main stadium station – Bijlmer ArenA. 

There are quite a few places to eat and drink around the Bijlmer ArenA station so many fans may still choose that route.  Just be aware there is quite a walk then to the away end.  The area outside the stadium is not well lit and the signage can be confusing due to different configurations for Ajax and national team games. 

Security was very strict in November. 

An initial ticket check was in place 200 metres from the entrance.

A search point approx. 100 metres from the entrance.  Long queues formed here approx. an hour before KO. 

A final check and ticket scanning at the four turnstiles. 

Now obviously follow your own advice from the SFA, your own groups etc but if I was planning on attending a game in the away end in the Amsterdam ArenA I’d arrive as early as possible. 

There were no issues with the Dutch fans.  Our fans mixed freely and I’ve no doubt the Tartan Army will also mix and have a great time. 

You can expect high security entering the away end.  The staff were courteous and professional.  However they are very thorough.

The UEFA minimum requirement is 1 turnstile per 650 fans.  Each turnstile must be capable of processing 600 fans per hour.  The AA meets the requirements.  The Aviva in Dublin has significantly more turnstiles and has contingency plans to deploy stewards with hand scanners to get everybody in for KO if a last minute rush.  I don’t know the figures for Scottish stadiums but I suspect the ratio is closer to the Dublin one than the Amsterdam one.  The focus in Amsterdam is on safety and security.

The fans in the Cat 1 seats had no issues.  A number of Irish fans also sat with the home fans and I’m not aware of any issues although obviously I would not recommend that.    

The advice from the KNVB was for away fans to arrive 60-75 minutes before KO.  I’d strongly advise any visiting fans to follow this next month.  Gates opened 2 hours before KO.  Enjoy Amsterdam I’m sure you will have an amazing trip. 

Note the attached info obviously applies to our game but a lot of it is still reelvant.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have if I can.  Some members of the TA have been very helpful to me in the past. 

2023 - Netherlands - SUPPORTERS - Info Guide1 (1).pdf