Lewis Ferguson - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewis Ferguson

Guest Scot1

Guest Scot1

It’ll be interesting to see where Lewis goes this summer. I’m hoping he heads down South to play regularly at a good championship club. 
He could be the holding / defensive midfielder that we are needing in a season or two. 
Ive been watching a bit of QPR this season and Ferguson reminds me a bit of Stefan Johansen, he’s obviously not at that calibre yet, technically he’s not at that level yet. But they are similar in that they can relatively comfortably play any role within the midfield. Whether holding, box-box, playmaking. 
He could well become a big player for us in the coming years.

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

It’ll be interesting to see where Lewis goes this summer. I’m hoping he heads down South to play regularly at a good championship club. 
He could be the holding / defensive midfielder that we are needing in a season or two. 
Ive been watching a bit of QPR this season and Ferguson reminds me a bit of Stefan Johansen, he’s obviously not at that calibre yet, technically he’s not at that level yet. But they are similar in that they can relatively comfortably play any role within the midfield. Whether holding, box-box, playmaking. 

gunna be tough for him to be a regular starter for us, we have some excellent youngish midfielders.

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Just read tonight that Newcastle are interested, cant see him getting much game time if they did sign him

Guest Scot1
22 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

gunna be tough for him to be a regular starter for us, we have some excellent youngish midfielders.

He needs to step up, he’s done very well in the last couple of seasons, he’s ran Aberdeen’s midfield and he’s still only 21. Admittedly not a great Aberdeen team, but he’s shown progress, now it’s time for the next step. I personally wouldn’t want him to go and spend years at Rangers. He will improve but his improvement will plateau in a couple of years. I’d like to see him go South and challenge himself. He’s got a lot of potential and if it’s fulfilled, I see him as a regular in the Scotland team. Alongside Gilmour and McTominay. 

Guest Scot1
8 minutes ago, podgers1903 said:

Just read tonight that Newcastle are interested, cant see him getting much game time if they did sign him

It could still be a good move, it would allow him the chance to understudy some good midfielders and hopefully compete and win a place in the team in the next season or two 

Guest Scot1
34 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’ve watched him loads and I still can’t decide about him. It’s not easy to gauge his level of technique. He has some great attributes but I just can’t figure out if he’s good enough on the ball. 

I think being an understudy to a good midfielder for a season or two would do wonders for him. I agree though, that his passing needs to improve. He needs to improve his technique. 
But he is showing continued improvement and has been stepping up over the last few seasons, so let’s hope that continues with this next move. 

Edited by Scot1