Do we have a leader at the back - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Do we have a leader at the back

Rscot

Of all the Centre Back we have, who is going to organise our back line? I’m all for a back 3, and the only player I’ve seen who can play in the middle and be an organiser / leader at the back is Hacklett. Whether we play a back 3 or 2 CB we need this type of player (possibly captain of the team). Do we have someone better then Hacklett, are any of the numerous talented young CB natural leaders, organisers, shouters?

11 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Of all the Centre Back we have, who is going to organise our back line? I’m all for a back 3, and the only player I’ve seen who can play in the middle and be an organiser / leader at the back is Hacklett. Whether we play a back 3 or 2 CB we need this type of player (possibly captain of the team). Do we have someone better then Hacklett, are any of the numerous talented young CB natural leaders, organisers, shouters?

Simple answer?

No.

I'm just waiting for Morrison and King to progress then maybe i can stfu about a back three.

Till that happens, best we have is McKenna, Porteous and Souttar. Pretty much it. I've allbut given up on Tierney.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Simple answer?

No.

I'm just waiting for Morrison and King to progress then maybe i can stfu about a back three.

Till that happens, best we have is McKenna, Porteous and Souttar. Pretty much it.

But if none of them are an organiser / leader,  the back line won’t function, whether a back 3 or 2 CB. If Hacklett is the only one we have then he needs to play in the middle of the 3. McKenna or Porteous on the left, Souttar or perhaps Findlay or Gallagher on the right. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Simple answer?

No.

Till that happens, best we have is McKenna, Porteous and Souttar. Pretty much it. I've allbut given up on Tierney.

Who out of Morrison and King is the organiser. I’ve not seen much of our younger players.

13 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I have no idea. I've only seen them a handful of times for the u17s.

It good that we are producing some decent young CB’s, but we desperately need someone who will organise and lead the back line, someone with a Willie Miller kind of attitude, mindset.

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Honestly. I wouldn't cry a river if the vast majority of the senior squad retired, leading us to promote the kids.

Yes but even amongst these youngsters we need to encourage the natural leaders to be vocal, to organise players around them. This is one of the reasons our defence has collapsed at times.

2 hours ago, g@un said:

It also helps to have a leader in midfield, and a vocal keeper. Something we also seem to lack.

Very true, I think that Mctominey can be the leader in midfield, I’d have no hesitation in making him captain. I’ve no idea about the personality’s of our keepers.