Walking, hiking, camping and all things outdoors - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Walking, hiking, camping and all things outdoors

Anyone got any exciting hiking / camping plans this year?

Did the west highland way last year and did some 3/5 day hikes in Australia and NZ so looking at extending on those. 

Looking at the Te Araroa trail in NZ end of this year and the Scotland national trail next summer. 

Me and some mates do a camping/bothy trip with mountains every year, did Buachaille Etive Mor two years back camping at the Kings Arms and that was great, late August so midgies everywhere!  Not confirmed the location this year but I think it's between camping at Ballachulish and climbing Beinn a' Bheithir or some of the Mamores from Kinlochleven.

Did Ben Vane on a stag do earlier in the year and ran the first 53 miles of the WHW in the Highland Fling race in April, hoping the qualifying points can get me a place on the CCC race around Mont Blanc next year

Heading to Belgium this morning with the tent in the back of the bike. Leaving York at midday to get the ferry from Hull at 6. Will camp in Ghent tomorrow then Brussels on Tuesday for the game. Will camp in Bruges on the way home. Ferry back on Thursday and cycle to York for the train home on Friday. Come on Scotland!