Chopin To City Centre? - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chopin To City Centre?

neilypiece

I flew Ryanscare for the last game and got the Modlin bus into town.

All a bit last minute this time so have had to book up with a proper airline - LOT - and will be landing in Chopin airport.

Can't find much info on how to get from the airport to the city centre.

Does anyone know if there are buses or trains/trams from the airport to the centre?

(Being a Fifer the thought of paying for a taxi scares me :yikes3: )

We flew in to here last time.... trains into city only take 10-15 minutes (at the most!) and even the taxi drivers at the front were offering us a good rate as we walked past (one offered to take us to our hotel for £10).

Edited by wanderer

Cheers guys! :cheers3:

This place is better than google!

Ignore the old taxi drivers as you come out and go outside to the offical taxi queue, there is guys with yellow bibs and they speak englsih, tell them where you are going and they wil tell the driver, you will be between 30pln and 40pln, less than 8 quid

I flew Ryanscare for the last game and got the Modlin bus into town.

All a bit last minute this time so have had to book up with a proper airline - LOT - and will be landing in Chopin airport.

Can't find much info on how to get from the airport to the city centre.

Does anyone know if there are buses or trains/trams from the airport to the centre?

(Being a Fifer the thought of paying for a taxi scares me :yikes3: )

try ztm warszawa - airport and check airport connections - gives times and rail bus plans to centre.

In all my years travelling, only on 1 occasion has a taxi driver ever tried to rip me off.

And even then, I didn't pay them.

These old guys in poland will take you half way round the city, same happened to me last month in romania on way home from the pub, but its nothing when you convert it, taxi fare was double but it worked out i spent an extra 5 quid or something

That's made my mind up ! Not going to fart about with trains and trams when I go door to door for a tenner !

Just make sure it is a official taxi, as Warsaw has a bad reputation for taxi drivers (unofficial taxi drivers will drive about in a similar color car as the official one, with a similar looking taxi logo on it to the main firms that do the city).

When we walked out the airport it was a guy in a hi-vis jacket who walked up to us asking what hotel we required, and when I asked him how much, he said roughly £10..... but as our hotel was directly across from the train station, we just took the train.