Great Year For Scotland For Sporting Events - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great Year For Scotland For Sporting Events

Have to say the organisation from start to finish at Gleneagles was superb.Park and Ride from Stirling went smoothly. On the course the facilities and experience made it a great advertisement for Scotland. I read that the Scottish Tourism orgs benefited from around £40m of free advertising. This on top of the commonwealth games should see lots of return visits.

Edited by EddardStark

Aye The commy games were worth million to Scotland in free advertising , well run and organised

the ryder cup worth million in free advertising. well run and organised,

the Referendum Campaign worth millions in advertising well run and organised..

shame we were to feart tae show the world we can run and organise our ain country..

Edited by stocky

Aye The commy games were worth million to Scotland in free advertising , well run and organised

Well, I know it's only a wee thing, but I got two bookings for Skye from people who were in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games and decided to go on a bit of a sightseeing tour before and after the Games.