IF Slovakia beat england - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

IF Slovakia beat england

spud1982

So as we all know we're pretty much out if they best England.  

But. Not necessarily. It would take a miracle but imagine this.

We hammer Malta (6 0 )  beat Slovakia by 2 and slovenia by 3.

England lose to Slovakia and Slovenia by 2 goals then beat Lithuania by 2.

We would finish above them in 2nd.

Before everyone say no chance.  I pretty much agreeing just looking at possibles 

Im not wildly confident in England tbh. It took them to the 95th minute to score last time against Solvakia.. and the scorer is out injured. Also, while the 4-0 over Malta looks ok, it took them nearly an hour to find the back of the net, with the other goals all coming in the last 5 minutes. Only Lithuania have taken longer to find the net against Malta in these qualifiers.

This is not a good England side, they're not playing particularly well and the fans aren't exactly loving it. Our best hope is that they really are very tight defensively, just 2 goals against (both to Griffiths) in 7 games so far. Part of me can see a 0-0 in one of the two games, tho fortunately i dont think that will matter. If we take 3 wins then we're ok, as long as england don't lose.

Us being us, we'll concede a late goal to draw 2-2 with Slovakia in the last game, which would leave them a point ahead of us.