KLM - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

KLM

euan2020

What's the deal on free luggage with KLM now ?

Long haul i normally get 1 bag + extra bag due to my frequent flyer card

Just booked Cape Town - ABerdeen today and giving me 2 + 1 so 3 bags 

I know previously you used to get 2 bags on Lagos/Luanda/India routes but they doing something different now for Africa ? 

seems like they are giving 2 suitcases for flights into/out of  africa for economy

now i chanced my arm booking my wife, under my KLM travel profile, so i could get her points - and she is getting 3 suitcases as well - think thats bad thing - she is speaking about buying clothes ............

Edited by euan2020

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 1:37 AM, euan2020 said:

seems like they are giving 2 suitcases for flights into/out of  africa for economy

now i chanced my arm booking my wife, under my KLM travel profile, so i could get her points - and she is getting 3 suitcases as well - think thats bad thing - she is speaking about buying clothes ............

yes - was bad thing - she had capacity to buy more stuff

we got 3 cases each packed to the gunnels

I like KLM - works well with my frequent flyer card

got Euro 800 off them last year so covered a Capet Town & Abz/Athens flight

+ i have enough flying miles to go to Australia 5 times, or 11 times to Cape Town      

How exactly can you check your Frequent Flyer points? I've had an Ivory card since 2001, and I've travelled to Japan (twice), Moscow (twice), Istanbul (four times) Ghana, Beijing and a dose of Aeroflot (part of Sky team) flights this summer, as well as numerous sorties to various European destinations.

55 minutes ago, VASCO said:

How exactly can you check your Frequent Flyer points? I've had an Ivory card since 2001, and I've travelled to Japan (twice), Moscow (twice), Istanbul (four times) Ghana, Beijing and a dose of Aeroflot (part of Sky team) flights this summer, as well as numerous sorties to various European destinations.

you should have an online account - should always be checking this to ensure your points got registered 

you need to fly once every 20 months or your rolling points will expire (think they introduced this 4 years ago)

link here

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/flying_blue/index.htm#g_np_mya-overlay=1&mya-np=0

points are pretty crap this last 3 years - flights i used to get 10-12K points i now only get say 3K 

I banked around 75K with referrals in 2001 - Been saving this last 18 years and was buzzing about Angola, Nigeira, Kakzakhstan etc - Only used my free flights twice  - to get to Amsterdam, and CPT-ABZ once

Petroleum Card is a beaut if you can get it - Access to Lounges in Schipol + queue jumping at check in & boarding 

Petroleum Card which is free

https://www.klm.com/ams/account/secure/mileageSummaryFB.htm#g_np_sa=1&sa=ask-2

Exclusive benefits

Red Helmet

As a Flying Blue Petroleum member, you enjoy priority check-in at dedicated desks, smooth transfers, airport services such as lounge access and much more. Just show your Flying Blue Petroleum card to take advantage of these benefits.

Enjoy priority services
  • Priority check-in at dedicated SkyPriority check-in desks
  • Priority baggage drop-off at special drop-off locations
  • Priority boarding in the SkyPriority lane
  • Priority access to high contribution transfer desks at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol
  • Priority service at our ticket offices and transfer desks

Relax or work in our airport lounges

Take advantage of our exclusive lounges while you wait between flights operated by AIR FRANCE or KLM at Amsterdam-Schiphol or Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Upon presentation of your Flying Blue Petroleum card, you have access to:

• The KLM Crown lounge at Amsterdam-Schiphol*
  • The AIR FRANCE lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle*
* In case of an overnight transfer, you can make use of the lounges on the day of departure of your second flight. 

Partner offers

Wherever you are in the world, the partners of Flying Blue Petroleum offer you a privileged welcome and exclusive services. They understand your personal and professional needs and respond to your way of travelling.

Stay in one of the many hotels in oil destinations and enjoy great extra services such as discounts on rooms, food and drinks, or on a round of golf.

Some examples are:

• Free Spa & Fitness, Connectivity & WIFI lounge at new Pullman hotel, 3 minutes from airport CDG
  • Book a theatre experience with the company Theatre in Paris
  • Enjoy a discounted subscription to Oil and Gas Journal