4 X Away end tickets for sale - PRICEY - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 X Away end tickets for sale - PRICEY

KennyMiller

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/england-v-scotland-tickets-world-cup-2018-qualifiers.html

£450 for 2 tickets or £550 for two tickets.

It rises to £600 after "fees"

How do these companies get away with it? 

Where did they get these tickets from? I know that players were issued 20 tickets each.

Has anyone ever paid such high amounts? I was going to pay £350 for Scotland v Italy before my SSC days 2 hours before kick off from a tout before a nice woman at the ticket van called me over and gave me one for face value in row 1.

Edited by KennyMiller

16 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/england-v-scotland-tickets-world-cup-2018-qualifiers.html

£450 for 2 tickets or £550 for two tickets.

It rises to £600 after "fees"

How do these companies get away with it? 

Where did they get these tickets from? I know that players were issued 20 tickets each.

Has anyone ever paid such high amounts? I was going to pay £350 for Scotland v Italy before my SSC days 2 hours before kick off from a tout before a nice woman at the ticket van called me over and gave me one for face value in row 1.

Surely can't be difficult for the FA do a bit detective work and find out where these tickets originated from?

mind you the FA maybe getting a cut :lol:

5 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Surely can't be difficult for the FA do a bit detective work and find out where these tickets originated from?

mind you the FA maybe getting a cut :lol:

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

A part of me thinks this company doesn't have tickets and maybe will source some if someone is desperate enough to pay a grand.

10 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

The Scottish Rugby Union have a "deal" giving Viagogo thousands of tickets, claiming it's a secondary market when really it's a means to instantly inflate ticket prices, selling them  through the Viagogo site, out pricing the product to many individuals.

I noticed that they had a link to ViaGoGo. That's sick isn't it.

The money they make in a year from sponsors why do they need that extra £20 from 2000 extra fans.

I often wonder why premier league teams like Arsenal sell season tickets for £1000. It's awful. Prices the normal passionaite guy out of the game.

7 minutes ago, Butthead said:

600 quid eh? I'm tempted to punt mine now...

Email them out of interest and let us know what they offer you...

12 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Dinnae get me started on touts. The same Italy game at Hampden there was a Cockney geezer asking stupid money for tickets. How does that happen? These chancers need a kick in the baws....

I remember him. Were you looking for them?

Edited by KennyMiller

I will not advocate looking up where these guys operate from or arranging a meet but if you do go well prepared.  They might like a game of baseball, or they might like boxing or karate..if they hivvnay tried it you could always see if they want to give it a go.  JIST REMEMBER YUR BAT?

Edited by bigfathagiz

46 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I paid Abbey Travel in Dublin about £150 a ticket for 4 last year. As for where they get 4 away end tickets to sell, probably SSC members or players.

Yep same here £90 each for two tickets st Abbey Travel Dublin. My other half was shocked at the price until she found the bar. Lol 

1 hour ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

The Scottish Rugby Union have a "deal" giving Viagogo thousands of tickets, claiming it's a secondary market when really it's a means to instantly inflate ticket prices, selling them  through the Viagogo site, out pricing the product to many individuals.

Been trying to work on a disruptive ticketing platform for a year now and trying to break down these barriers is near to impossible we are learning quickly. Tottenham, Man U etc all have their deals with StubHub for re-sale at uncapped prices. We spoke to loads of fans groups and got the support of them but the big corps dont care at all.

Paid £90 for Xavis last match at the Nou CamP through viagogo.

Long story short it was a total disgrace getting my hands on them after payment. It took until 2 hours before kick off to get them. I was told very late on that I was to collect them at their "office" after months of promises. I went to the "office" to collect them and stood in a massive line, was told there was no tickets despite the London call centre telling me they were there. An hour of shouting at the guy got me my tickets.... Which ... Wait for it..... Were in his personal rucksack. He fancied them. #####.

They gave me a full refund to be fair but that was a stressful few hours in an otherwise incredible trip.

Edited by KennyMiller

Anybody is welcome to my ticket for £600.

Only time I've ever had to pay over face value was for Aberdeen v Atletico Madrid and even then if wasn't too expensive.

Viagogo is a great site. I've picked up loads of tickets under face value.