How Did You Get To Yes/? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Did You Get To Yes/?

To be honest i'd never really thought about it untill the referendum was announced.

Devo Max sounded like a great idea to me...with all the cliches you could imagine "best of both worlds etc etc" then it was announced it was a simple yes or no to idenpendence so I did some reading and there was no looking back.

So in a way...David Cameron made me a yes.

Cheers Dave :ok:

I remember the first devo referendum. I was a wee boy growing up in perthshire. My neighbour, an old Scots Guard was massively in favour and his car was covered in stickers. he gave us badges etc. remember the snp signs everywhere but more than that i remember the feeling of disappointment when it failed. every since then i have believed we should run our own affairs, regardless of party politics or who is running the country it should be from within.

my life is fairly ok and a selfish vote for me would have been No. But I believe in my country and its people and believe it should be a better place for them all, not just me.