Scottish Football Coaching - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Football Coaching

Hi Guys

Looking for help and input for new coaching courses. SFA coaching has done SFA for football in this country for 30 years. Its us that have suffered. What is wrong? I am a new business partner with Acorn Principle Plus in Edinburgh and looking to add new programmes, mainly leadership and management. I teach with UHI in Argyll, Borders College in Galashiels and an External Verifier for the Institute of Leadership and Management. But passion is football. I co-founded the Armadale Sons of Wallace in 99 with Jim Sibbald (SNP Cooncilor) and we havent qualified for a tournament since. No ma fault by the way.

Anyway I played junior with the dale but never done anything since in terms of helping out or coaching. The folk that coach our kids are fathers who usually have no previous experience of playing but doing their best for their sons/daughters because they love it and have time. I think the SFA have done nothing to address this as they have a monopoly and employ a think tank now and again to appease the public and us.

I know there are current/ex footballers who would contribute to this as they no faith in the old boys system at SFA and would help devise decent programmes which would be an alternative and hopefully better. Any thoughts or if you would like to take part or know a footballer who has views would be very welcome.

I can come up with a programme or programmes that would be certificated by ILM ) the Management wing of City and Guilds),

Let me know your views or would you like to stick with what we have. Our meetings ar usually in Channings hotel in Edinburgh. Hope this makes sense.