Tickets For Traveling Fans - Not Harvesting - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets For Traveling Fans - Not Harvesting

albagubrath87

Dunno what u can do about harvesting if the SSC say 100% pick up and proof of travel are unworkable. If u can't go hand your ticket back. Spot checks and if you're caught suspended membership are about it. I think we all know the SFA are about maximising income from us so anything that costs them they're not going to try too hard at.

Dunno what u can do about harvesting if the SSC say 100% pick up and proof of travel are unworkable. If u can't go hand your ticket back. Spot checks and if you're caught suspended membership are about it. I think we all know the SFA are about maximising income from us so anything that costs them they're not going to try too hard at.

I was took into hospital a couple of days before the Slovenia game. I was also scheduled to go into hospital on the day of Croatia game 18 months later. I cancelled my ticket for Croatia game as I had a couple of weeks notice. None of those games were 100% pick up nor was I selected. Had I been selected ( under your proposal) I'd have had my membership suspended. Others have missed games for similar reasons. Others due to a bereavement, being made redundant, a family member being ill. The sfa can't know who's at it and who's not. So suspension not going to happen .

I don't want to say book and you don't get a ticket but I think the SSC will come up with a way of getting tickets for everyone who travels to Georgia.

Why don't you give them a call and see what they say.

After emailing them about the possibility of reciving a ticket through the SSC I recived this response.

Hi Mark
Thanks for your email.
We won't receive any more tickets from the Georgian FA - the only chance of spare tickets now would be if we receive any cancellations so we have added your name onto our waiting list.
Best wishes
The Scottish FA

( B) 0141 616 6000

Look's like i'll be staying at home.

Edited by Mazziessc

I was took into hospital a couple of days before the Slovenia game. I was also scheduled to go into hospital on the day of Croatia game 18 months later. I cancelled my ticket for Croatia game as I had a couple of weeks notice. None of those games were 100% pick up nor was I selected. Had I been selected ( under your proposal) I'd have had my membership suspended. Others have missed games for similar reasons. Others due to a bereavement, being made redundant, a family member being ill. The sfa can't know who's at it and who's not. So suspension not going to happen .

Don't really see how it only takes a minute to make a call or send an e:mail if the SSC set up a channel to deal with it. Even if you don't have the time to hand a ticket back it should be easy enough to make that effort or get someone to do it for you. Exceptional circumstances could always be looked at sympathecally later. At the moment nothing is really being done about harvesting and it's only going to get worse the closer we come to actually qualifying IMO

Don't really see how it only takes a minute to make a call or send an e:mail if the SSC set up a channel to deal with it. Even if you don't have the time to hand a ticket back it should be easy enough to make that effort or get someone to do it for you. Exceptional circumstances could always be looked at sympathecally later. At the moment nothing is really being done about harvesting and it's only going to get worse the closer we come to actually qualifying IMO

No offence but the last thing on my mind when I was diagnosed with severe heart failure was calling the sfa. Now had I been chosen to collect a ticket you think I should be suspended for failing to show up. I did call up and cancel the Croatia ticket ( there was no collection for me) as I had a couple of weeks notice I was being taken in to hospital. The point I was making is its very difficult to say who was genuine and who is at it. Had it been a 100% pick up or I had been chosen to collect and had to cancel twice it might ( to some) look suspicious. I know it was genuine but how do the sfa?

No offence but the last thing on my mind when I was diagnosed with severe heart failure was calling the sfa. Now had I been chosen to collect a ticket you think I should be suspended for failing to show up. I did call up and cancel the Croatia ticket ( there was no collection for me) as I had a couple of weeks notice I was being taken in to hospital. The point I was making is its very difficult to say who was genuine and who is at it. Had it been a 100% pick up or I had been chosen to collect and had to cancel twice it might ( to some) look suspicious. I know it was genuine but how do the sfa?