Which Roi Players Would We Take For Starting 11? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Which Roi Players Would We Take For Starting 11?

JagDude

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It most certainly wasn't a demand he got the job. Yes lots wanted him but equally lots didn't want him as first choice....myself included

Better or worse than trappatoni.....I'll tell you at the end of the qualification group

Hmm so the Irish 'chosen one' is disappointing their support? As I recall it there was almost a demand that O'Neill got the job and here he is failing to deliver? Better or worse than Trappatoni?

Trappatoni was probably one of the most negative International managers ever.

He was also really great at organising a team and making them very hard to beat. That's why we never lost a competitive

away match, in five and a half years, until his very last one, against Germany.

When he left, the team was ingrained in playing in a very cautious and defensive manner. That's why I wanted Mick Mccarthy

a much more attacking manager to return. Martin O'Neill hasn't been able to release the players to play a more open attacking

style, because he's just not that type of manager.

If Ireland lose tomorrow, The FAI should bite the bullet, release O'Neill and give Mccarthy or another more attack minded manager

the rest of the euro qualifiers, to build towards the World Cup.

No offense to Scotland, but under Trapatoni, you wouldn't of won in Glasgow, and we would of drew in Dublin too, Trap relied on drawing with the similar sides and hoping for them to lose to the likes of Georgia. (For example Ireland vs Slovakia 1-1 and 0-0 and then they went on to lose 4-1 to Armenia)

:-))