Home Game V Poland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Home Game V Poland

ScotlandFanMuir

Totally unacceptable to be giving away fans bother if they are in the home end. Can't be many countries who use the home end more than the Tartan Army. Getting precious about it at Hampden smacks of hypocrisy and arrogance IMO.

I agree with your sentiments here bud, however I think I also have to add these thoughts.

Hopefully we will be right in the mix for qualifying for our first major tournament in 18 years by the time of the home game v Poland

Everyone will want to be at this game, plus we all want to give our team the best support possible, so ideally we'd fill the place with TA with the exception of the official away support allocation

That's my thoughts and as I said I agree with your post, but this game is potentially our biggest since Italy at home in November 2007.

If I had moved abroad and Scotland were coming to play the country I lived it...I am 100% sure I would be going to that game! I don't think there is much point in trying to stop it...and to be honest given how many times I have been in the 'wrong' end...I don't think I can complain

One thing that may not be too bad is if Poland come into that game against us ahead of us on points with a lingering mentality of a point being a good result for them. If they do come with the idea to sit in and keep it tight I will fancy our chances even more. Their strength is in attack and midfield and weakness is in defence. When Ireland pinned them back for long spells their defending was ragged and at times looked desperate and like they did against us they looked vulnerable at set pieces. In short if they come to Hampden with the mindset of a point will do and try defending for a 0-0 I will really fancy our chances.