Ferry Tickets - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ferry Tickets

That's our thinking.........and a wee sing-song . . ... No teaching you to suck eggs Norris, bit if you book it through Fare Splitter, you save yourself enough to pay for the carry-oot........well outward journey anyway.......

Thanks Kev, it's okay though I have a lacky to take care of the badmin for me. I didn't even have to log on to get my ticket.

What's this fare-splitter - Didn't you do it through Rail n Sail?? It works out £44 one way from Edinburgh (probably the same from Central).........does this compare well against fare-splitter price???

Actually it's £39 - but I see fare-splitter also does journey all the way to Dublin including ferry! :beer2:

Actually it's £39 - but I see fare-splitter also does journey all the way to Dublin including ferry! :beer2:

Just done a wee bit of jiggery-pokery,cancelled, re-booked....for 2 of us from Helensburgh ino Dublin Port via Holyhead and back (via Edinburgh) - more Stronbow required........all in for £157-50.........Original Ferry refund winging its way - £132.......so difference being £25-50 for 2 of us on train from Helensburgh to Dublin and back..........canny whack it......Cheers for mentioning Rail/ Sail - had taken my eye off that.....Tin of Strongbow on the 0737 for ScotsRik...........

Just done a wee bit of jiggery-pokery,cancelled, re-booked....for 2 of us from Helensburgh ino Dublin Port via Holyhead and back (via Edinburgh) - more Stronbow required........all in for £157-50.........Original Ferry refund winging its way - £132.......so difference being £25-50 for 2 of us on train from Helensburgh to Dublin and back..........canny whack it......Cheers for mentioning Rail/ Sail - had taken my eye off that.....Tin of Strongbow on the 0737 for ScotsRik...........

No problem Kev....happy to help!

7.37 a bit early for my blood - happy to accept a tin of you at 08:00 though!! :D

Our train (edinburgh) leaves 06:42....I take it this will go via Glasgow Central.

Well done on the jiggery-pokery......good there were no cancellation penalties and the like!

No problem Kev....happy to help!

7.37 a bit early for my blood - happy to accept a tin of you at 08:00 though!! :D

Our train (edinburgh) leaves 06:42....I take it this will go via Glasgow Central.

Well done on the jiggery-pokery......good there were no cancellation penalties and the like!

Jeeeesoh, tickets arrived at lunch-time...only paid yesterday at 1530.....some service that......

I see that a few Friday, Saturday and Sunday Cairnryan ferry journeys are listed as Sold Out. How many people does the ferry hold and do u think more tickets will be released at a later date?

City link buses are doing a deal where you can get the bus from Edinburgh to Belfast which includes the stenaline ticket from Cairnryan.. So they might have taken up a fair few spaces.