Ukraine International Airlines... - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ukraine International Airlines...

Rich NATA

Anyone booked on any of the overnight flights out of Gatwick?

I've been contacted re. my 00:10am departure, which is now departing 70 minutes earlier and from what I can see, that's the same for all flights that week.

Hope it doesn't f*ck up the connection for any of you flying down from Scotland.

For me it's no big deal at this end of the journey, but it extends and already very long transfer at Kiev - now 7 hours 40 minutes, which has kick-started me into thinking about a hotel at Kiev Airport.

However, despite my many years of travelling, I don't know what the situation is regarding leaving the airport.

I had always thought you had to stay airside, but I suspect that's not the case.

If you (and your luggage) are booked on a Gatwick-Kiev-Tbilisi ticket, can you leave the airport?

I assume the luggage just goes through the normal transfer process.

You can exit the airport.

We had a 9 hour lay over in Amsterdam coming back from Miami few years ago, so just checked our bags all the way through in Miami and left the airport for the day, coming back the usual 2 hours before flight to get through security (you will have your bordering card for your onward flight)

Edited by wanderer

So, at LGW they'll give me TWO boarding passes and my luggage will be checked-in ALL THE WAY to Tbilisi.

When I arrive in Kiev I just head for arrivals/exit with my hand-luggage.

Come back X hours later and head straight to departure's (no need to go to the check-in desks?)

Yes.... as long as its one booking (ie you booked London-Tbilisi on the Ukrainian Airlines website), you will be checked through to Tbilisi at Gatwick, and handed your 2 boarding cards.

Double check with your luggage as some airlines can be very if'y with that (BA certainly are if you have to spend longer than you do in Heathrow) but KLM are fine with it (and Ukrainian Airlines are a partner of them).

Just depart the airport as normal once off the plane, and just re-enter it as normal when back for your onward flight.

What day you in Kyiv Rich? I am there Friday until Tuesday (night) so give me a bell if fancy meeting up for a beer in town.

Thanks for the advice, Wanderer.

Think I can say with a fair degree of certainty, I'm going to be THE advance guard for this one.

I arrive in Tbilisi the Saturday before the match (yes, a whole 6 days before) with Flat Earth and Lamia arriving the day after, I think.

Unfortunately, I wont be heading into Kiev centre.

My first flight lands in Kiev at 04:20 and the onward flight takes off at 12:00

If I leave the airport it will only be to get four hours sleep in one of the airport hotels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am flying from Gatwick with Ukraine International Airline to Tiblisi via Kiev on Thursday 3rd of sept at 12 20pm and returning by the same route at 0620 on sun 6th sept I have not been informed of any flight change.

I am flying from Gatwick with Ukraine International Airline to Tiblisi via Kiev on Thursday 3rd of sept at 12 20pm and returning by the same route at 0620 on sun 6th sept I have not been informed of any flight change.

I'm on the same flight as you from Tbilisi to Kiev but staying w night in Kiev. I only booked on Saturday so it's still 6:20 am