Congregating before game - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congregating before game

Upper end (i.e. probably over-ambitious) estimates put there being over 200,000 Scotland fans in Munich.  Add in the home support as well as Germans wandering in to town for the atmosphere before heading somehwere else to watch it, and it's safe to say the entire old town will be heaving, you might not even be able to get near Marienplatz.

It's still probably worth trying to take a look there if you can, though, there'll be some buzz around the place.

For ticket holders, facilities plus transportation to the grounda re being laid on at Hirschgarten.

1 hour ago, NE TA in the weeg said:

For ticket holders, facilities plus transportation to the grounda re being laid on at Hirschgarten.

This looks a good shout. 

When you say transportation though - from what I've read on Google, Hirschgarten is an outdoor pub? So what's the transport that's being put on?

31 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

When you say transportation though - from what I've read on Google, Hirschgarten is an outdoor pub? So what's the transport that's being put on?

Shuttle buses are being organised.

It states the shuttle buses are only taking half-an-hour, so the assumption is that the police will clear the traffic to allow the convoy to flow freely.  If you don't trust that to work, the S-Bahn from Hirschgarten changing to the U-Bahn at Marienplatz will get you to Froetmanning, where the ground is. 

Munich (scottishfa.co.uk)

Fan Meeting Point (Ticketholders Only) - Hirschgarten

Hirschgarten is the designated Fan Meeting Point for Scotland Ticketholders to meet. There is food and drink available to purchase as well as plenty of large benches and tables to sit at.

There is an S-Bahn with stops of Hirschgarten and Munchen-Laim Pbf that are around 10 mins walk to the beer garden. The journey takes around 25 mins in total.

Alternatively, there are tram and bus stops on the north side of the park that are 10 mins walk. Both transport stops are Kriemhildenstraße and Steubenplatz.

There is a venue capacity of 8,000 for the beer garden and capacity for 5-6,000 for the shuttle buses.

As there is no Fan Walk planned due to the stadium being off the motorway, the Host City of Munich will provide shuttlebuses to ticketholders and drop them off at the designated Scotland section of the stadium.

The shuttle buses, after the match, will take fans back to a transport hub in the city.

Please note, this area is only for Scotland Ticketholders, the beer garden will not be showing the match in the evening.

We’re going to the Fan Zone for opening. Half our group don’t have tickets, so we’re all going there and those of us with tickets will use the shuttle buses to the stadium around 6ish. Will be around Marienplatz the night before 

Edited by aeu96197

Is Hirchgarten an actual pub? I thought it was an area with a capacity of around 7,000? I guess what I’m getting at is can you head there with a carry out haha? Or is it a case of queuing up and buying beers 

1 hour ago, hord91 said:

Is Hirchgarten an actual pub? I thought it was an area with a capacity of around 7,000? I guess what I’m getting at is can you head there with a carry out haha? Or is it a case of queuing up and buying beers 

It’s a massive park with a huge beer garden in the middle. Carey out would be fine, as long as you are not sitting in the beer garden part.

J