Lewis Ferguson......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewis Ferguson......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

6 hours ago, Kirk said:

Turnbull is fucking dung

Thanks for that.  :)  He isn't scoring right now but I believe there's a talented footballer in there, hopefully he finds his form at Cardiff. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Gilmour is super talented and will be able to play any number of centre midfield role. His shooting and that quick yard of pace to go past 1 or 2 players are his biggest weaknesses though. Any time he goes past someone is usually from his great close control of the ball/positioning of his body when receiving the ball rather than his physique and sprinting past folk. However in the CAM, he would be great at threading those little passes through but then you would be wasting the talents of other CM's we have so the balance would be off IMO

H

I think the team I’ve picked is well balanced. One of the advantages of having Ferguson and Christie sitting deep in a pivot with Gilmour in a “free” role would be the ability of Gilmour to link up with them as they break forward from deep midfield. Using his ability to take the ball in tight positions and then play a pass, as Christie and Ferguson make forward runs. I think it would be interesting to see. As I said, maybe I’m wrong, but I’d love to see it tried to see how it works on the park.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:35 PM, romanticscot said:

Thanks for that.  :)  He isn't scoring right now but I believe there's a talented footballer in there, hopefully he finds his form at Cardiff. 

I agree, I think Turnbull has qualities, especially offensively,   and hopefully at Cardiff he’ll start to show it soon. He is an excellent finisher from around the edge of the box. 

3 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I think the team I’ve picked is well balanced. One of the advantages of having Ferguson and Christie sitting deep in a pivot with Gilmour in a “free” role would be the ability of Gilmour to link up with them as they break forward from deep midfield. Using his ability to take the ball in tight positions and then play a pass, as Christie and Ferguson make forward runs. I think it would be interesting to see. As I said, maybe I’m wrong, but I’d love to see it tried to see how it works on the park.

Yeah this could work if they were constantly rotating but I would worry this would cause confusion as to who should be where, who picks up what player etc, might be fine in a team like Man City but no so sure about Scotland tbh but worth a go in friendlies

7 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yeah this could work if they were constantly rotating but I would worry this would cause confusion as to who should be where, who picks up what player etc, might be fine in a team like Man City but no so sure about Scotland tbh but worth a go in friendlies

Christie plays this role for Bournemouth. I think it would just take a little time for the others to build up an understanding.