DB rail Euro 2024 tickets - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DB rail Euro 2024 tickets

niallb

When the DB rail tickets were opened my dad bought one to get from Frankfurt Airport into Stuttgart.

Today - BA changed his flight time so he’s now arriving later, and will likely miss the “specific” train he booked.

The DB rail site suggests “no exchanges or cancellations” but is a bit vague about what constitutes an exchange (ie name or destination or time….or any of the above).

Anyone else booked this kind of ticket and understands the German Ts and Cs printed in the ticket?

Clutching at straws I think but reluctant to book another one in case the same thing happens again!?

9 hours ago, niallb said:

When the DB rail tickets were opened my dad bought one to get from Frankfurt Airport into Stuttgart.

Today - BA changed his flight time so he’s now arriving later, and will likely miss the “specific” train he booked.

The DB rail site suggests “no exchanges or cancellations” but is a bit vague about what constitutes an exchange (ie name or destination or time….or any of the above).

Anyone else booked this kind of ticket and understands the German Ts and Cs printed in the ticket?

Clutching at straws I think but reluctant to book another one in case the same thing happens again!?

I can help here as I use DB a lot when going to away games…

The cheapest tickets you can get all tie you to use the specific train you booked. It’s called Zugbindung in German.

Most Folk will have booked these as they come cheaper. Usually if you miss that train and if conductors are strict you would be penalised or will have to re-book for the new connection. For normal away days I’ve seen both happening: people getting penalised and being in trouble but also conductor being fine with situation. 

There’s a big advantage for us though: we’re Scottish and the whole country down here will love having us here for euros. 😎 so my feeling is once you talk to the guy on train in a nice way you should be fine… they will be lost anyways as they won’t understand the accent…

16 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

I can help here as I use DB a lot when going to away games…

The cheapest tickets you can get all tie you to use the specific train you booked. It’s called Zugbindung in German.

Most Folk will have booked these as they come cheaper. Usually if you miss that train and if conductors are strict you would be penalised or will have to re-book for the new connection. For normal away days I’ve seen both happening: people getting penalised and being in trouble but also conductor being fine with situation. 

There’s a big advantage for us though: we’re Scottish and the whole country down here will love having us here for euros. 😎 so my feeling is once you talk to the guy on train in a nice way you should be fine… they will be lost anyways as they won’t understand the accent…

Unless we win the opening match 😂