Flying Into/out Of Sabiha Gökçen Airport - Transfer Option For Istanbul - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flying Into/out Of Sabiha Gökçen Airport - Transfer Option For Istanbul

DeeRus

I posted this in "The Tartan Army Group" on Facebook but I know not everyone posts on there, so just in case this might be of use to anyone:

For anyone flying into/out of Sabiha Gökçen Airport and going into/out of Istanbul, this might help you!

One of the suggested transfer options, as also listed on the airport website, is to incorporate a ferry ride over the Bosphorus - well we are Scottish, so we'll call it a Bosphorus Cruise :wave:

This is the route we're doing to get OUT to the airport for the Wednesday flight Dep 18.50, so I'm sure you can work it out for any alternative flight departures:

KABATAŞ to KADIKÖY ferry (These depart approx every 20 to 30 mins depending on the time of day)
Dep 15.30
Arr 15.50
Cost is 4LT, which is ............ wait for it, a quid!!
(However since we’ll be getting the IstanbulKart, we’ll only pay something like 2.15TL per person, which is just over 50p!!)

then the airport bus, which leaves from the directly opposite the ferry port:

Kadıköy to Sabiha Gökçen Airport (Havataş Bus and depart every 30 mins but check the timetable to be sure!!)
Dep 16.15
Arr 17.00 to 17.15 (I contacted them and they said the time varies depending on time of day and congestion but said to allow an hour)
Cost is 9LT, which is ............ wait for it, just over two quid!!

:ok:

Edited by DeeRus