Transfer Gate At Sabiha Gokcen Airport- Istanbul ? - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Gate At Sabiha Gokcen Airport- Istanbul ?

STARSKY

We arrive at Sabiha Gokcen fae Amsterdam on the Wed and have

4 hours before the connecting flight to Tbilisi

Is there a transfer gate or do we need to clear customs and if that`s the case do we need a visa ???

Cheers in advance :ok:

We arrive at Sabiha Gokcen fae Amsterdam on the Wed and have

4 hours before the connecting flight to Tbilisi

Is there a transfer gate or do we need to clear customs and if that`s the case do we need a visa ???

Cheers in advance :ok:

You must be on the same flight as my pal who I'm meeting in Turkey

Seemingly there's a huge complex filled with bars and restaurants just 5 minute drive from the airport so I'm thinking about getting the £10 evisa and getting out of the airport for a couple of hours. That's dependant on how long it takes to get through off course

I wouldn't recommend heading out the airport, will be a hassle having to head back through security and a clear risk of missing flight after a few bevvies and not keeping an eye on time!

Instead, in my experience, much better off going to a lounge up the stairs. It's 15 euros to get in and it's all you can eat/drink. Sandwiches, cakes, fruit, cheese and biscuits, tea, coffee, soft drinks and most importantly.....bevy. There is a fridge full of beer, bottles of wine.

Only benefit of going outside would be if you are a smoker, as you cannae smoke anywhere in the airport.

I wouldn't recommend heading out the airport, will be a hassle having to head back through security and a clear risk of missing flight after a few bevvies and not keeping an eye on time!

Instead, in my experience, much better off going to a lounge up the stairs. It's 15 euros to get in and it's all you can eat/drink. Sandwiches, cakes, fruit, cheese and biscuits, tea, coffee, soft drinks and most importantly.....bevy. There is a fridge full of beer, bottles of wine.

Only benefit of going outside would be if you are a smoker, as you cannae smoke anywhere in the airport.

Bonehead

Cheers for the info mate :ok: Top man !!!!!!

So i take it that there is a flight transfer gate and then we can hit the lounge

i`ll have a look and see whats available as we fly back out of Istanbul with Pegusus

Sound Advice!! Is it a pre book thing or pay at the gate??