Hotel Antics In Tbilisi - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hotel Antics In Tbilisi

tom1172

Having booked a twin room for 3 nights for £127 a few months ago for our September trip to Georgia, I received an email today informing me the ownership of the Tbiliseli hotel in Tbilisi has recently changed hands and its under new management.

As a consequence of this the hotel has now increased its prices. The same room is now about £100 dearer at £225.00 for the exactly the same 3 nights. Think they have finally worked out the Tartan Army is coming? LOL!

God loves a trier :wink2:

Having booked a twin room for 3 nights for £127 a few months ago for our September trip to Georgia, I received an email today informing me the ownership of the Tbiliseli hotel in Tbilisi has recently changed hands and its under new management.

As a consequence of this the hotel has now increased its prices. The same room is now about £100 dearer at £225.00 for the exactly the same 3 nights. Think they have finally worked out the Tartan Army is coming? LOL!

God loves a trier :wink2:

Same email Tom :angry:

We've asked them to look at their pricing and see if we can come to a deal - we're not paying the 'new' rate, that's for sure!!!!!

Same email Tom :angry:

We've asked them to look at their pricing and see if we can come to a deal - we're not paying the 'new' rate, that's for sure!!!!!

Ive emailed them and they are sending me through direct booking form tomorrow for a twin room for 3 nights Thursday/Friday and Saturday night.

I'll let you know once i receive it - they have promised me a "Very nice price, very nice" hahahaha!!

Ive emailed them and they are sending me through direct booking form tomorrow for a twin room for 3 nights Thursday/Friday and Saturday night.

I'll let you know once i receive it - they have promised me a "Very nice price, very nice" hahahaha!!

Mmmm

Copy and paste job ....... we got the exact same reply lol

Now got our 'very nice price' and its a lot better than the 'new' price they were wanting, so I think we're going for it - mainly as I cannay be arshed looking for new digs!!

Now got our 'very nice price' and its a lot better than the 'new' price they were wanting, so I think we're going for it - mainly as I cannay be arshed looking for new digs!!

Aye think we're going to just do the same. Just trying to blag free airport transfers!

I booked my hotel through Expedia back in November, and a mate asked me this week, what hotel I was in and where it was exactly. When I checked my hotel address on Expedia, it seems to have moved about 3 miles.

A quick e-mail to Tbilisi tourist board, and they've confirmed that there are hotels with very similar names (Crystal Palace and Cristal Palace), so it looks like I'm getting moved from one to the other and they hope I won't notice.

They're still in a reasonable location, but this still fels funny. Looks like we're being played here, and there's not too many hotel rooms available..... kerrrcchhing!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this thread. Where did you guys book the Hotel Tbiliseli? I don't think I've had any emails about a price increase (although could well have overlooked it) - booked through booking.com.

Yes and yes!

I got an email, which came from the booking.com email address but from the new owners of the hotel. They said we had to cancel the bookings and re-book - when I looked at this, the prices were nearly double.

Told them that's not the prices I had, then they said they've have a look at this - got a new price but still pretty high.

They then asked what the rate was I had and offered a far closer new price to what my original booking was - one thing to note, they will then request you supply card details, as its now a pre-paid rate (they asked for payment in either USD or EUR)

Overall, its not much of an increase but with a slight pain in the staines of the pre-payment but since its only 80 days away, its a lot less pain than trying to get new digs!

Hope that helps,

Paul

I booked my hotel through Expedia back in November, and a mate asked me this week, what hotel I was in and where it was exactly. When I checked my hotel address on Expedia, it seems to have moved about 3 miles. Looks like Expedia has done the same with me with the same hotel

A quick e-mail to Tbilisi tourist board, and they've confirmed that there are hotels with very similar names (Crystal Palace and Cristal Palace), so it looks like I'm getting moved from one to the other and they hope I won't notice.

They're still in a reasonable location, but this still fels funny. Looks like we're being played here, and there's not too many hotel rooms available..... kerrrcchhing!!!!

Edited by DINGI

I booked my hotel through Expedia back in November, and a mate asked me this week, what hotel I was in and where it was exactly. When I checked my hotel address on Expedia, it seems to have moved about 3 miles. Looks like Expedia has done the same with me with the same hotel

looks like Expedia have done the same to me.Email sent to them

DINGI, were you in the same hotel as me, or was it a similar experience with Expedia in different hotels.

I've had to e-mail Expedia three times and phone them four times, and getting nowhere. The customer service is attrocious. I'm expecting a call back on this later today. If I get any news, I'll let you know.

When did you book up though. I booked in November, they're telling me that they can't check back that far and see whether their website had the wrong address. As far as I'm concerned, the address is Javakhshvilli Street, but the website now shows Bahktrioni Street (something like that anyway).