Wee Lassie Wi' The Tin Hat - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wee Lassie Wi' The Tin Hat

The girl done good. I saw her give a talk and then a Q&A at the London School of Economics this morning. She is a class act. Obviously I'm a supporter but she got a terrific reception at the end. [she got a warm hand on her entrance too but that's a different story].

It's true that if you practise a bit of gentle Tory-bashing at the LSE you're pushing at an open door but this was very gentle and was not in any way a point of focus of her address.

She was reasoned, professional, relaxed, and extremely likeable. It's clear to see why she has such high personal approval ratings. I don't think the majority of the audience had any idea what to expect, especially when, for many, their only exposure may have been the "jockophobia" and gathering storm of xenophobic hysteria being whipped up by Opinions, Leaders and Cartoonists across the spectrum of London based meeja.

Nicola Sturgeon will have surprised most of them and she did all Scots proud regardless of their political views. We are lucky to have her.