Visa For Kiev ? - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Visa For Kiev ?

STARSKY

Were thinking about spending a night in Kiev en route

to Georgia and with the problems in Ukraine was just wondering if a visa is needed ???

That`s if we can find a route for about £300 !!!!! Any advice would be sound as trying

to plan this trip is turning into a nightmare :ok:

Ukraine has been visa free for about 7/8 years now.

Can get hotels for buttons just now.... I have got a suite in the Hotel Ukraine for the grand total of £25 a night (before the troubles in Ukraine that was a £100 a night hotel at one point!)

Were thinking about spending a night in Kiev en route

to Georgia and with the problems in Ukraine was just wondering if a visa is needed ???

That`s if we can find a route for about £300 !!!!! Any advice would be sound as trying

to plan this trip is turning into a nightmare :ok:

Can't recall needing a visa in 2007

Aye, 2005 they stopped it (didn't think it was that far back) for Eurovision.... was only suppose to be for 5 months, but suddenly there was a wave of tourism to Ukraine, so kept Ukraine visa free.

Recall it was just before Belarus, as I went through to Edinburgh to get my Ukrainian visa, but they told me I need to get my Belarus one first to qualify for a double entry transit visa.... sorted my Belarus visa out, then went back through and day I went was the day they scrapped them, so did not need a visa after all.

Aye, 2005 they stopped it (didn't think it was that far back) for Eurovision.... was only suppose to be for 5 months, but suddenly there was a wave of tourism to Ukraine, so kept Ukraine visa free.

Recall it was just before Belarus, as I went through to Edinburgh to get my Ukrainian visa, but they told me I need to get my Belarus one first to qualify for a double entry transit visa.... sorted my Belarus visa out, then went back through and day I went was the day they scrapped them, so did not need a visa after all.

:ok: