New Scotland Fanzine:re-Posting [Sort Of]. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Scotland Fanzine:re-Posting [Sort Of].

RWM 71 not out.

Apologies to those who don't like repeats [or re-postings] but I was worried that I had been cut off in my prime last week with new viewers 'missing out' so to speak.

Anyway, with 16 years of famine about to end, now is the time to start acquiring souvenirs associated with a successful qualifying campaign. I still have all sorts of memorabilia/paper ephemera associated with France 98 and Euro 96.[Conversely I have been too superstitious to collect any souvenirs relating to the referendum, indeed if we fail to seize our chance on 18th September that date will have to be ripped-out of every future diary that comes into the house].

So why not de-stress yourself with a copy of issue 1 of Scotland Epistles, Bullshit and Thistles. Available from eBay; Almondvale Programmes in Edinburgh; Missing Records in Glasgow; and outside Ibrox Stadium and Celtic Park on Scotland match days.

Just to re-iterate this is not a commercial venture and if we sell enough of the fockers to cover our costs then all profits will go to charity. Thanks again to everyone who have already given their support and to those about to buy I salute you.

Robert Marshall, Editor.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the 92 page programme for the Dortmund game cost only one Euro. I suspect that our German friends still recognise the importance of the printed word and subsidise accordingly. I am unable to translate German into English but one article about Scotland looked suspiciously stereotypical with photographs of Nessie and a caber-tosser.

Anyway, with regards to our own modest[and unsubsidised]mag we now have a facebook link-https://www.facebook.com/scotlandepistles

Cheers

Robert.

Back in the mundane world of flogging fanzines please see the undernoted new link for ebay sales.

http://www.ebay.co.u...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Actually it's not so mundane, it is a part [albeit a small part] of Scottish culture and if the 'Uncle Toms' amongst the 55% prefer to read Shakespeare, Dickens or 'Vows' that will never be fully delivered well that is up to them.

So why not read a Scotland fanzine before FIFA eventually put the boot in and the dreaded 'merger' is forced upon us. And yes I know that is a selfish,shallow, scaremongering type of thing to say - but hey it worked for the No campaign.

To end on a positive note we've got to pick ourselves up off the deck and get right behind the team against Georgia etc. or it will be an even dafter [and more painful] own goal than the Willie Donachie passback versus Wales in May 1978 [Attendance 70,241!]

Prediction- Scotland 3 Georgia 0 and our first hat-trick since 1969. Don't care who scores it.

Cheers

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - just wanted to thank everyone who has already purchased the Scotland fanzine and to remind everyone else that it will be on sale near Ibrox Stadium on Saturday.

Hopefully there will still be a sizeable attendance - overpriced tickets and a disappointing[for many]Referendum result notwithstanding.

Hopefully we will also get the three points to set us on the road to France 2016 where I look forward to trying to sell a future issue of the fanzine beneath the Eiffel Tower - which would be a bit embarrassing I suppose if Scotland are playing at Marseille or Bordeaux....

Cheers

Robert

Hi folks

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who was kind enough to purchase a copy of the mag yesterday - either out at Ibrox or in some of the city centre pubs.

The mag is still available on ebay so if you have friends abroad and you want to send them an early Christmas present .....ok so I'm pushing it.

Awrabest

Robert