Gibraltar V Scotland. Bus To Faro From Albufeira . - Page 13 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar V Scotland. Bus To Faro From Albufeira .

Robert Mcdermott

I see that all the buses are now full, could I possibly be added to a reserve list should anyone call off please. I would be looking for 2 seats, or if you hear of anyone else organising a bus via another tour company, maybe you could send me in the right direction. I am female travelling with my 15 year old son , so don't want to risk being stranded at the stadium. Many thanks

keep an eye on this board, i am confident more options may arise nearer the time.

If this game sees us qualify surely the local authority must lay on transport to get us to Faro centre. Plus trains from Faro central train station to other destinations. There could be anywhere from 15-20 k fans travelling if wee gordon keeps getting results.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep an eye on this board, i am confident more options may arise nearer the time.

If this game sees us qualify surely the local authority must lay on transport to get us to Faro centre. Plus trains from Faro central train station to other destinations. There could be anywhere from 15-20 k fans travelling if wee gordon keeps getting results.

Aye I hope you're right too. We're looking for 9 or 10 places too if anyone knows anything going?

That's my hope too. For various reasons I'm normally in the ground a couple of hours before KO and it's at least an hour after the game before I leave, so supporters buses are no use to me. I travel alone too. Usually I try to get a hotel within walking distance of the ground but in this place it's not possible.

I'm hoping the the authorities will be putting on special trains or buses back to Faro but if that doesn't happen I'll just need to ask my hotel to book a taxi.

That's my hope too. For various reasons I'm normally in the ground a couple of hours before KO and it's at least an hour after the game before I leave, so supporters buses are no use to me. I travel alone too. Usually I try to get a hotel within walking distance of the ground but in this place it's not possible.

I'm hoping the the authorities will be putting on special trains or buses back to Faro but if that doesn't happen I'll just need to ask my hotel to book a taxi.

Do you have a flag to hang up, I know they are committed individuals. :-))

I see that all the buses are now full, could I possibly be added to a reserve list should anyone call off please. I would be looking for 2 seats, or if you hear of anyone else organising a bus via another tour company, maybe you could send me in the right direction. I am female travelling with my 15 year old son , so don't want to risk being stranded at the stadium. Many thanks

Unfortunately the buses are full and there is already a long reserve list. I am not expecting any cancellations,so any spaces that will be available will be on match day at the pick-up point, but that's a risk you might be willing to take, but there's no guarantee you'll get on the bus . Sorry.

• 1 month later...

Robert..

I have bought and paid for 2 bus seats from yourself..

A group we go with have a bus booked and we would be willing to give our 2 seats up with you guys to people on your waiting list and go with our friends if this is possible?

This is possible, but your monies are non refundable.

Seems a bit unfair not to get a refund when you know you are able to re sell them 50 times over, get first reserve to set up a bank transfer. I would gladly pay Dundee Lad for his 2 seats. If not, could I maybe get a contact for the bus you are swapping to Dundee lad? Many thanks

Seems a bit unfair not to get a refund when you know you are able to re sell them 50 times over, get first reserve to set up a bank transfer. I would gladly pay Dundee Lad for his 2 seats. If not, could I maybe get a contact for the bus you are swapping to Dundee lad? Many thanks

Sorry, but there is a reserve list awaiting available seats if anyone cancels or drops out. There will be no queue jumping, as these people have been on the list for some time now, I think it's only fair ,Gill1809.

Unfortunately that's the way it is. I don't stipulate the operators small print. Sorry.

Ken its only £13 but think its pretty poor that whoever it is is robbing people of this after already making a fortune over the bus takings as it is. To think people have given others a hard time previously for ripping off scotland fans abroad.

So will each ticket voucher be name checked to ID to each person boarding the busses?

Ken its only £13 but think its pretty poor that whoever it is is robbing people of this after already making a fortune over the bus takings as it is. To think people have given others a hard time previously for ripping off scotland fans abroad.

So will each ticket voucher be name checked to ID to each person boarding the busses?

Can I just state that no one is being ripped off as you put it. A donation is being made to a charity off any monies made, further more I will no getting into a dispute over Operators rules ( not me ). You paid your money knowing that no monies would be refunded.

All names will be on the vouchers and checked against the list for each bus, if that answers your question.

When folk brought the bus ticket they knew the rules and no one moaned then.

I didnt know at the time i bought the 2 that this was the case. It wouldnt have put me off buying but 100% think that if people have other arrangements a ccouple of month down the line they should be allowed to sell the bus seats to people on the reserve list.

Can I just state that no one is being ripped off as you put it. A donation is being made to a charity off any monies made, further more I will no getting into a dispute over Operators rules ( not me ). You paid your money knowing that no monies would be refunded.

All names will be on the vouchers and checked against the list for each bus, if that answers your question.

How will you know that the people are who they are on the ticket?

What if you get a new mobile number?

As said its no the fact of the £13 per seat these vouchers should be allowed to be passed to the reserve list people wanting on the buses.

Then you need to phone the booking office with your new mobile number in case of Emergency as per European Legislation while travelling abroad.