Cologne to Dusseldorf after the Sui game - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cologne to Dusseldorf after the Sui game

Hi we are based in Dusseldorf and would be happy enough to stay there after the Switzerland game in cologne, has anyone looked into the return options with the game being a late kick off? Will public transport be an option? Uber?

36 minutes ago, Stranboogie75 said:

Hi we are based in Dusseldorf and would be happy enough to stay there after the Switzerland game in cologne, has anyone looked into the return options with the game being a late kick off? Will public transport be an option? Uber?

Trains all night

12 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Trains all night

13 hours ago, Stranboogie75 said:

There are quite a few trains after the game from Cologne to Dusseldorf into the early hours-have a look on the DB site for time-The ICE trains tend to be more expensive to purchase tickets on the day, you dont need to book the regional trains & even they only take roughly half an hour to Dusseldorf depending on amount of stops….I am staying in Neuss near Dusseldorf, of which there are a couple that stop at Neuss without me needing to go into Dusseldorf, so I will be getting one of the regional trains ( S bahn/RE trains)-hope that helps

5 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

There are quite a few trains after the game from Cologne to Dusseldorf into the early hours-have a look on the DB site for time-The ICE trains tend to be more expensive to purchase tickets on the day, you dont need to book the regional trains & even they only take roughly half an hour to Dusseldorf depending on amount of stops….I am staying in Neuss near Dusseldorf, of which there are a couple that stop at Neuss without me needing to go into Dusseldorf, so I will be getting one of the regional trains ( S bahn/RE trains)-hope that helps

Yes thanks me and my Grandson are in Neuss also, what about getting from Stadium to Cologne Train station? 

17 minutes ago, Stranboogie75 said:

Yes thanks me and my Grandson are in Neuss also, what about getting from Stadium to Cologne Train station? 

Take line no1 from stadium to Neumarkt, then switch to underground No 16 or 18 to main central