Cyprus -KOA Card - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cyprus -KOA Card

N4Footsoldier

I'm travelling to Cyprus this weekend and was looking at getting a ticket to Aris Limassol v Omonia Nicosia on Sunday. To buy a ticket you need a KOA fan card, exactly like a lot of people had to apply for to get home end tickets when we visited last year. I got an away end ticket so didn't have to apply for a card.

I have had my application rejected twice due to resolution issues with my images of my ID or passport pic. The pictures are perfect and have been used for other offocial applications so I'm not sure what the issue is. I assume this is an automated check. Does anyone have any advice on this and how they managed to get around issues? Similarly, if it's looking too late to have my card accepted in time for the game on Sunday, what were the stadium checks like? If anyone would be able to send me details of a card they got approved for last year?

I would imagine the security process for domestic games might be much different to an international that's 90% away fans together. But worth a try as the tickets aren't expensive.

Appreciate any help or advice!

Edited by N4Footsoldier

Just in case anyone was wondering (doubtful given the low response to this 😄) I didn't end up going to the game as they would be quite strict with someone using an incorrect card now, with many of the games behind closed doors or with a significantly reduced allocation due to escalation in crowd trouble this year. The stadium is also about 6 miles outside the main part of Limassol and I didn't really have the time in the end.

I'm sure a few will already have been, but should a future away day ever be played in Limassol it is definitely recommended. It's got much more of a city feel to it than a Larnaca or Paphos and has a nice little old town with little narrow streets and plenty bars and restaurants, and also has a beautiful long marina. 45mins direct bus from Paphos airport.