Travel From Drtmund Apt To Dusseldorf - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel From Drtmund Apt To Dusseldorf

MattGal

Alright guys, correct me if i'm wrong but as i understand if you're travelling from dortmund airport to dusseldorf city centre then the route is:

Shuttle Bus from airport to Holzwickede Station (a small town outside Dortmund) then get the train from there. There is also a possibility of having to change train somewhere in the journey but i'm not too sure. Got this info from trip advisor in 2009 so could be out-dated.

Alright guys, correct me if i'm wrong but as i understand if you're travelling from dortmund airport to dusseldorf city centre then the route is:

Shuttle Bus from airport to Holzwickede Station (a small town outside Dortmund) then get the train from there. There is also a possibility of having to change train somewhere in the journey but i'm not too sure. Got this info from trip advisor in 2009 so could be out-dated.

From Holzwickede the ERB trains to Venlo go to Düsseldorf,without having to change, takes about 1 hour (9 stops).

Download either the Bahn Navigator app or the VRR app. (Both in English).

spot on...shuttle bus every 20mins from airport to Holzwickede station, or it's an easy 15-20min walk, then direct trains hourly to Dusseldorf at xx42

AirportShuttle from Holzwickede Station

The chargeable AirportShuttle service is available for journeys between Holzwickede station and the Dortmund Airport terminal. The travel time is approx. 6 minutes.The fare is 3.00 euros per one-way journey; children under fourteen pay 2.00 euros; children under six travel free.

Timetable AirportShuttle Holzwickede

Timetable AirportShuttle Holzwickede (valid from 30.03.2014)