Pots for the Finals - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pots for the Finals

Craig Fae Hamilton

Win our last 2 which is very achievable and we are in Pot 2!

Although, the difference between Pot 2 and being in Pot 3 is probably going to be minimal. Maybe we will even be worse off. The link below shows the CURRENT Positions for Seeding. And then it covers the PREDICTED finishing Spots.

Worst 3 Pot 2 Teams to get: Denmark, Turkey, Switzerland (It'll be like a HOME Game for Turkey and Switzerland)

Worst 3 Pot 3 Teams to get: Croatia, Czech Rep, Netherlands

But you know what, MOMENTUM is everything. So I hope we go on and win our last 2 regardless of the permutations. I reckon we will beat Norway easy at HOME, and as ever, Georgia AWAY is the Banana Skin!

Link for STATS below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sPAM6KBimzCIqsRICuLOUT0R_UQsWzcWiv1rEnHS4DE/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Win our last 2 which is very achievable and we are in Pot 2!

Although, the difference between Pot 2 and being in Pot 3 is probably going to be minimal. Maybe we will even be worse off. The link below shows the CURRENT Positions for Seeding. And then it covers the PREDICTED finishing Spots.

Worst 3 Pot 2 Teams to get: Denmark, Turkey, Switzerland (It'll be like a HOME Game for Turkey and Switzerland)

Worst 3 Pot 3 Teams to get: Croatia, Czech Rep, Netherlands

But you know what, MOMENTUM is everything. So I hope we go on and win our last 2 regardless of the permutations. I reckon we will beat Norway easy at HOME, and as ever, Georgia AWAY is the Banana Skin!

Link for STATS below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sPAM6KBimzCIqsRICuLOUT0R_UQsWzcWiv1rEnHS4DE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the link, super helpful.  I think Spain will go up to Pot 1 and swap with Turkey as they have two easy matches remaining, and I am convinced Italy will land above Ukraine.  I may be basing it on reputation rather than form, but I think Pot 3 is far harder than 2. 

Back of the napkin , Pot 1 I'd like Germany, Pot 2 - Romania, Pot 3 - Us and Pot 4 - Luxembourg, Georgia, Greece or Israel even (hard to determine who will make it)

Ty Romantic!

Like I said, I hope we win our last 2, putting us in Pot 2. My preferred draw based on the FORECASTED finishing spots.....

Pot 1: Belgium / Germany

Pot 2: Us

Pot 3: Slovenia

Pot 4: Slovakia

I'll have a go at adding in 3 Play-Off Winners tomorrow and see how that looks! Crucial part of the above, I think Germany would be delighted with that Draw.

And after our Goal was chopped off V Spain, I am highly skeptical of UEFA! - I hope I am wrong though!

The neat thing is, we *could* finish* third in our group and still make it to the second round. I want to totally relish the build up, last EURO's I was unemployed for 6 months prior due to Covid cutbacks and I was very distracted with life. Sticker album, EURO 2024 replica Fitba, yes please