Armenia - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Armenia

Ray

I'm planning on going to Armenia for the day on the sunday after the match. Looks like £50 a head. This is with envoy tours but being a technophobe I'm unable to post the link lol

Edited by bunnet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not really...... its pretty complex, but from what I understand you are not allowed entry if you are Armenia/have a Armenian sounding name/suspected of being Armenia..... only way you are rejected is if your passport shows you to have been to Nagrono-Karabakh (a breakaway republic in Azerbaijan that considers itself part of Armenia).

The border between Azerbaijan and Armenia is closed, so to get between the two means going via Georgia. Got a freind who lives in Baku who says Yerevan is the best city out of the 3 in that region and apart from a awfully long detour to get there, he has never had a problem getting back into Azerbaijan.

That's exactly what I found by experience, no hassle so far bar the detour.

Yerevan (and Armenia) was a very pleasant surprise.... Apart from the game, the only thing that is eating me up about this whole trip is the fact I did not spend nearly enough time in Yerevan.

Fantastic little city which will look to return to again one day (not sure if it would be great for a Scotland game, as it is maybe a little to small, and most bars seemed to shut at midnight.... I went hunting for one after checking into my hotel at 23:45, and from Republic Square, no matter what direction I would head in, I would always end up back at Republic Square).

Guide who showed us about and provided transport to Tbilisi for us was brilliant :-)