Poland V Roi - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cracking game already. Poland 1 up on 10 minutes. ROI equalise from a penalty given for a foul which appeared to be outside the box. Poland have just had one chalked off. Rough and tumble stuff, ROI battling for everything. Wouldn't be surprised if it finished 3-3 with red and yellow cards galore. Much better game to watch than the two pub teams on the other channel.

Edited by redstevie007

Think the ref can be forgiven as it was probably difficult to call from his angle. His linesman however will be lucky to escape Warsaw alive if Poland don't go on to win.

Is a high foot no longer an indirect free kick ? :blink:

aye - bunch of kents that they are - not so worried getting beat by top seed as long as they beat everyone else

That's exactly what I was getting at :lol: the s perform like the class side they are twice in the group, both times against us. Makes you wonder if it's us giving them too much respect.

That's exactly what I was getting at :lol: the s perform like the class side they are twice in the group, both times against us. Makes you wonder if it's us giving them too much respect.

i was thinking that - we should be expecting to beat everyone @ home

Not so sure. Poland are doing here what we should have done when 2-1 up the other night; they're defending resolutely but retaining enough of a threat to make ROI wary of going balls-out.

Aye, they're doing better than us.

It's quite hard though to cope with a team that are simply lumping longs ball forward to 3 forwards on the edge of the box. Given that Ireland must practice this guff week in, week out, it wouldn't surprise me if they would get another flukey break off a 70 yard hump,