Caught Doing 75Mph In A 50Mph Stretch - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caught Doing 75Mph In A 50Mph Stretch

I honestly thought it was a 60 although no real excuse for doing 75, especially when I know the cops are quite often hiding exactly where they were hiding.

Took them nearly 3 miles to catch me. biggrin.gif

The polis said he can't issue a ticket because it's 50% more than the speed limit so he would report me to the PF but that the PF would send me a ticket anyway because the courts are too busy. But I got a summons instead. I pleaded guilty by letter and got the letter back today. I got 3 points and £170 fine. I was expecting much more so I'm relieved.

It did say that I should have got £250 and 4 points but got a discount, presumably because I've had a clean license for 39 years.

I'll be crawling aboot everywhere from now on.

I've to pay it at £20 a week so that's a few weeks skint. frown.gif

That stretch of road is notorious for police as it's 60mph coming up from the Raith interchange then changes to 50mph just before going under the roundabout. The police will sit at the on ramp on the other side of the roundabout or in at the area at the Hilton etc.

That stretch of road is notorious for police as it's 60mph coming up from the Raith interchange then changes to 50mph just before going under the roundabout. The police will sit at the on ramp on the other side of the roundabout or in at the area at the Hilton etc.

I think they were on the bridge at the McDonalds.