Kiltwalk... If You're Doing Can I Suggest A Charity? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kiltwalk... If You're Doing Can I Suggest A Charity?

Right, I know I've got a somewhat chequered history with this board. So I'll not ask you to sponsor me.

However If you are doing the Kiltwalk can I suggest you join "Team Yorkhill"?

For the last ten weeks we've been to hell and back, several times and thankfully things are looking up, all thanks to the skill and dedication of the staff at Yorkhill.

For more info - look here -> http://www.yorkhill.org/events/glasgow-kiltwalk-2015

I thought the charity was just the kiltwalk and they divided out the cash between the charities that are on their website. Hope things get better for you, nothing worse than the yer bairn being seriously unwell.

Edited by daddybuc16

I've never done it before, never researched it before posting it here. Think registering as part of "team yorkhill" guarantees them a bit more, I also never knew it was for childrens charities only. So with this in mind I'm actually withdrawing my own recommendation, not only on here but on FB etc. I'm sure other families out there will feel similar about CHAS etc so I quite like the idea of them all getting an equal share.

Wouldn't feel too bad about promoting team yorkhill. You have that personal connection there and It's only natural you want to give something back after all the help they have given you. There will be plenty people doing it for single charities, but as you say it is good that your money is spread evenly between them.

Seems as good a time as any to shamelessly plug my justgiving page for this years kiltwalk. :lol: :lol:

Dont be put by the name of the page. Its just the intials of me and my mate doing it.

https://www.justgiving.com/TeamGB2015