Kiev Boryspil Airport - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kiev Boryspil Airport

G1983

Anyone ever been there, and especially had to do a transfer through it? We've got a 2 hour 40 transfer on the way to Tbilisi (assuming the flight from Amsterdam is on schedule) which sounds like loads of time, but I just thought I'd see what other people's experiences are.

On the way back we've only got a 1 hour 40 transfer, but if we miss that I'll not be too bothered!

Plenty of time! 1 hour is just enough for Amsterdam to transfer, and Kyiv Boryspil, though a brand new airport from the last Scotland game, is not that much bigger than Glasgow Airport, so you will have more than enough time between flights to transfer.

TBH I have never used Boryspil as a transfer airport, but Ukrainian Airlines seem to be pushing themselves more and more as using Boryspil as a transfer hub for traveling from Europe to places like Russia, Baltic's, Central Asian Republics and Israel (I follow UAI on twitter, and every day they do promotions of things like "Paris-Kyiv-Vilnius for 150 Euros") so you will be alright

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick feedback. I've also had a look at the Boryspil website and it does seem to be well set up for international transfers. Should be plenty of time for a couple of beers as well. Excellent.

Going via Amsterdam/Kiev as well , arriving in Tbilisi 23.30 Thursday .

More concerned that we have about 90 minutes between flights in Schiphol given the size of the airport , but it should be ok as it`s all booked through KLM (although UIA are operating the Amsterdam-Kiev-Tbilisi legs ) .

Going via Amsterdam/Kiev as well , arriving in Tbilisi 23.30 Thursday .

More concerned that we have about 90 minutes between flights in Schiphol given the size of the airport , but it should be ok as it`s all booked through KLM (although UIA are operating the Amsterdam-Kiev-Tbilisi legs ) .

KLM and UIA code share under the same umbrella, so will be ok should anything happen.

90 minutes at Schipol is more than enough (as you will be staying non-Shengen side) as the bare minimum needed there in 1 hour (45 minutes is do'able, but anything between than and 1 hour is 50-50 on your luggage making it, and anything less just forget about it!)