Rbs Atm Machines - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rbs Atm Machines

anyone know about the charity's on these atm machines, my wife's parents got their monthly statement through the other day and when checking it they saw they had given £100 to charity, they had no recollection of doing this, when they checked through the statement they saw that they had used the same machine within a minute, my father in law remembered using machine at Morrisons in Glasgow fort and no money coming out so he used it again, when they went to Barclays whom they bank with they told them that at top screens supplied by RBS it says this transaction is for charity, father in law is in his 80s and not great eyesight so he never saw it, whenever I use atm I don't check to see what it says I just press yes whatever amount I need, fcukin ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed,

think if they complain RBS will cover the donation and give money back

"When we first introduced it, there were some instances in which the customer donated to charity in error," she said. "In all cases, we refunded the customer and made sure the charities were not disadvantaged by honouring the original donation.

"We have since introduced further checks on our ATM screens to reduce the likelihood of this error happening again."

The RBS Group is the only major high-street bank chain to introduce the Link scheme; it has also been introduced by the independent ATM provider Bank Machine, which runs 4,000 ATMS in places such as garages and shops. HSBC has run its own separate scheme on its 3,400 ATMs since 2006.

think if they complain RBS will cover the donation and give money back

"When we first introduced it, there were some instances in which the customer donated to charity in error," she said. "In all cases, we refunded the customer and made sure the charities were not disadvantaged by honouring the original donation.

"We have since introduced further checks on our ATM screens to reduce the likelihood of this error happening again."

The RBS Group is the only major high-street bank chain to introduce the Link scheme; it has also been introduced by the independent ATM provider Bank Machine, which runs 4,000 ATMS in places such as garages and shops. HSBC has run its own separate scheme on its 3,400 ATMs since 2006.

Thanks for that Euan, they have complained and Barclays has said they will claim it back from RBS, I think if it was £5 they would have just left it, but a £100, that's a joke,