Tickets didn't arrive - all hail the SFA! - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets didn't arrive - all hail the SFA!

Hampden Diehard

I'm first off the mark to slate the SFA and the whole SSC ticket distribution thing, but I'm starting a thread to emphasise that I'm going to praise them.  Never thought I'd see the day!!

I don't arrange for recorded delivery because I'm a cheapskate (but really because I'm never at home during the day, 6 days a week, so no one can sign for them).  The 2 tickets ordered hadn't arrived yesterday, so I sent an e-mail to the SFA late last night.  I got a prompt response, asking me to contact them this afternoon if the tickets still hadn't arrived.  They hadn't, so I called up.  Within 5 minutes, the original tickets had been cancelled and the delightful lady at the other end of the 'phone had arranged for me to pick replacements up at the game.  God bless modern technology and God bless the SFA.  There...I've said it.

And if you're my postie with two tickets in your pocket...hope you get huckled.  GIRFUY.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

My mates 2 tickets didn't  turn up  years ago  and when the SFA sorted him out with new ones he turned up at the game to find a guy who he knew worked in the Motherwell sorting office sitting in his seat. He got him lifted and the guy lost his job. 

30 minutes ago, ankles said:

My mates 2 tickets didn't  turn up  years ago  and when the SFA sorted him out with new ones he turned up at the game to find a guy who he knew worked in the Motherwell sorting office sitting in his seat. He got him lifted and the guy lost his job. 

Brilliant

That is brilliant

The postie guy is also a complete idiot

22 hours ago, ankles said:

That is beyond stupid. How did he think he would get away with that? How did he not think that maybe people beside him would know the original recipient of the tickets.

Atleast sell them or arrange a ticket swap.

Idiot.

Its sad that when it came down to purchasing the tickets that I paid £8 (I think) because I don't trust someone to do their job or even worse than that - I don't trust someone not to steal from me.

22 hours ago, ankles said:

JS94432306.jpg

Pretty sure the game was at Ibrox cos Hampden was being done up. My mate had to fight  tooth and nail and go out to Hampden  to get replacements cos they were "lost in the post" . Most people would have gave up and the postie probably thought quite rightly in those days there was very little chance of my mate getting new tickets.

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Fugitive said:

Mrs Fugitive chased our postie down the street when the Italy tickets had been posted for the last home game and he didn't post them in my door.

Regular postie was off and this replacement guy miraculously found them in his bag once challenged !

Edited by Hampden Diehard

in 99 my tickets never turned up.

contacted the then STC who kindly arranged a pick up on the day of the game from Parc Gardens. (was 2 different seats in the opposite end though)

The SFA said they intended checking who was sitting in the seats and getting the Police involved. Turned out it was the invisible man and his pal.

How do i know? 3 months later a house in the street in which an elderly neighbor had passed away was to be done up (it had been laying empty for months). aye, the postman had put my tickets in the empty house.

I still have 2 fully intact unused tickets for that game at home.

25 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

contacted the then STC who kindly arranged a pick up on the day of the game from Parc Gardens. (was 2 different seats in the opposite end though)

The SFA said they intended checking who was sitting in the seats and getting the Police involved. Turned out it was the invisible man and his pal.

How do i know? 3 months later a house in the street in which an elderly neighbor had passed away was to be done up (it had been laying empty for months). aye, the postman had put my tickets in the empty house.

I'm sure a few TA collectors on here would be interested in purchasing these.

1 hour ago, TartanTon said:

I had something similar but which was completely my fault.  I'd ordered a European ticket from Chelsea which never turned up, got in touch with the club and had to pick up a replacement, no problem.

My front door opens straight into the kitchen and just beside the door I have a fridge freezer.  A few month later I had to move the freezer and discovered the unopened envelope with the ticket underneath. 

Edited by aaid

17 hours ago, fringo said:

I'm sure a few TA collectors on here would be interested in purchasing these.

A friend of my dads claims he has an unused ticket for the 1977 game at Wembley. He got separated from his mate getting on the tube, and in the days before mobiles, had not way of finding him before kick off.

He had both their tickets in his pocket.