Scotland fans with England End Tickets - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans with England End Tickets

GYL

12 minutes ago, G1983 said:

Completely agree with this. I went to the Macedonia game and rather naively just expected the authorities to let us in. (To be fair, with my complexion and hair colour I don't think I was going to pass as a Macedonian anyway...)

If you are desperate to see the game live then I'd advise you to ditch any Scottish stuff, apart from maybe a flag you can whip out at the final whistle!!

It's the only time i've had to sit in the opposing end. No chance i was risking not getting in. Left the kilt for Iceland 3 days later. Was too warm for a kilt anyway!

1 minute ago, Jersey Jim said:

Was in the away end in 99, ( jeans, t shirt, jacket) not saying the whole ground was like this but the area I was in was poisonous, when we scored me and my mate gave ourselves away, I got a punch in the face for my troubles, stewards or police ignored it as they probably thought it was our own fault for being in there in the first place.

Couldnt go for a piss at half time as a few Burberry clad knobs were watching our every move by this time, I feared we were never getting out of that stadium alive, luckily we were near an exit and when Seaman made that infamous save with his eyes shut we took our chance and slipped out, scary experience, but I must admit if I didn't have a ticket for the away end this time is probably take my chances and do it again. 

I remember after the game in 1999, we were still in the ground giving it laldy - although it really was mixed feelings.

i remember watching a group of four guys, "casually" dressed, walking round towards the Scotland support and thinking "they're surely not going to take on the whole end". When they got to just before the police line, the jackets were unzipped, the jumpers came off and they were all wearing Scotland tops.

TBH, I think the England support has mellowed a bit since 1999 but if I had a ticket for the England end, I would err on the side of caution and not wear a kilt. 

They've (the FA) said you won't get in if you're wearing Scotland colours, so if you turned up in a kilt and got turned away, you'd feel pretty daft.

My suggestion would be to pop back to your digs late afternoon and stick on jeans and a t-shirt.

I did this in Macedonia, and got in while others were being turned away.

(Well actually I got changed on the bus, as we arrived later than expected, but you point still stands).

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Was in the away end in 99, ( jeans, t shirt, jacket) not saying the whole ground was like this but the area I was in was poisonous, when we scored me and my mate gave ourselves away, I got a punch in the face for my troubles, stewards or police ignored it as they probably thought it was our own fault for being in there in the first place.

Couldnt go for a piss at half time as a few Burberry clad knobs were watching our every move by this time, I feared we were never getting out of that stadium alive, luckily we were near an exit and when Seaman made that infamous save with his eyes shut we took our chance and slipped out, scary experience, but I must admit if I didn't have a ticket for the away end this time is probably take my chances and do it again. 

I wonder if they have chilled out a bit since then. Being Old Wembley as well. I just struggle to see fan trouble in a modern super stadium lile Wembley.

J

7 minutes ago, Chief said:

What kind of reception would you expect someone with an England top on in the home end at Hampden?

Correct. Some sections of our support think we have a devine right to do what we like when we visit other nations, which on the whole we are warmly received. Counter that with the reception Polish, German and Irish fans have received while visiting Hampden and Parkhead though. It's very sad

Edited by DoonTheSlope
Predictive text

24 minutes ago, Chief said:

What kind of reception would you expect someone with an England top on in the home end at Hampden?

Was at the North London Derby on Sunday morning, bloke jumped up when Spurs got a penalty a few rows in front of me, the natives were climbing over the seats to get to him, Stewards took him out before penalty for his own safety, so he missed his team scoring lol. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

I would go into any away end anywhere in the world  but I would never go into England end with kilt ,even if I got passed the turnstyle lol no way will they let you in away end with kilt , be safe and wear jeans etc , good luck