Ireland - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland

Hertsscot

7 hours ago, biffer said:

They're going to be feckin unbearable for months.

Months !!!....years more like.....beating the world champion in football last year ...and then we beat the world Champions in rugby this year.....stick in the earplugs for the long haul ;);)

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

On 06/11/2016 at 10:37 PM, Green_Tide_Rising said:

Months !!!....years more like.....beating the world champion in football last year ...and then we beat the world Champions in rugby this year.....stick in the earplugs for the long haul ;);)

I would suggest you keep your head down on the 19th as you have pished them off big time and they are not a team that takes defeat lightly.

I predict a 25 to 30 point margin.

On 06/11/2016 at 10:37 PM, Green_Tide_Rising said:

:lol:

5 hours ago, wellyman said:

I would suggest you keep your head down on the 19th as you have pished them off big time and they are not a team that takes defeat lightly.

I predict a 25 to 30 point margin.

They may well beat us. Can't see that margin happening as we are pretty well drilled but that's not saying they won't .

As for our win....it was fantastic and we as a nation enjoyed it.... But its a credit to NZ and their fantastic rugby side that it meant so much to us beating such a brilliant side.

Every NZ supporter and player and their manager have been amazingly gracious in defeat and we look forward to having them in dublin ...win lose or draw.

My original post was sarcasm in response to biffers idiotic ill informed comment about us. Enjoy it we will in the moment....but we won't be going on about for months.

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

18 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

They may well beat us. Can't see that margin happening as we are pretty well drilled but that's not saying they won't .

As for our win....it was fantastic and we as a nation enjoyed it.... But its a credit to NZ and their fantastic rugby side that it meant so much to us beating such a brilliant side.

Every NZ supporter and player and their manager have been amazingly gracious in defeat and we look forward to having them in dublin ...win lose or draw.

My original post was sarcasm in response to biffers idiotic ill informed comment about us. Enjoy it we will in the moment....but we won't be going on about for months.

A few years back i was on a flight from London to Hong Kong and got talking to Dan Carter and Nonu  [the guy with the dreadlocks]  -  I mentioned that they should be grateful to the Scots as we introduced them to Rugby and Nonu got me a beer but when i mentioned that they do not lose many games he looked and said  "The All Blacks never lose, we sometimes get beaten but never lose"  and he meant it  !!!

19 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

If you come on a Scottish board you've got to expect a bit of stick w very now and again . 

Good to see you like a wee bit of Craic though. 

Edited by biffer

6 hours ago, wellyman said:

A few years back i was on a flight from London to Hong Kong and got talking to Dan Carter and Nonu  [the guy with the dreadlocks]  -  I mentioned that they should be grateful to the Scots as we introduced them to Rugby and Nonu got me a beer but when i mentioned that they do not lose many games he looked and said  "The All Blacks never lose, we sometimes get beaten but never lose"  and he meant it  !!!

Carter is an absolute legend and I totally get what he meant. They are potentially the world's greatest team.  Unreal...there isn't enough words to describe how good they are or they have been and no doubt will be again.

If it was Scotland who put a temporary stop to their winning run ...then I hope ye wud enjoy the moment also as ye shud.

Add in ...it was an emotional game...particularly with the passing of the Anthony foley a cpl of weeks back and the Irish lads forming a #8 while facing the haka in memory of foley and his ireland shirt number.

Eerily....foley played for ireland for ireland against NZ 15 years ago. Ireland lost that game 40 - 29 ....that's the same scoreline we beat NZ by at the weekend....so it was an extra special victory considering what had happened a cpl of weeks back.

4 hours ago, biffer said:

If you come on a Scottish board you've got to expect a bit of stick w very now and again . 

Good to see you like a wee bit of Craic though. 

I've been on this board since we were drawn together in euro 2016....ur post was Einstein  like compared to some of the stuff thrown at me on here over the last few years my friend ;):)