Have to confess - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have to confess

Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You need to get out of GU10 mode and into LED. You sound more depressed than me....

:lol:

I don't mean to sound pedantic,but gu10 is the lamp holder type,not the light output level. 

Edited by dandydunn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I don't mean to sound pedantic,but gu10 is the lamp holder type,not the light output level. 

You are talking to the woman who poked a metal knife into the bars of  a pop up toaster to dislodge a bit of bread and almost wiped out an entire street. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You are talking to the woman who poked a metal knife into the bars of  a pop up toaster to dislodge a bit of bread and almost wiped out an entire street. 

as a professional, I would strongly advise you not to do that again

On 06/11/2016 at 11:44 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

The only two things that give me any hope are that England have been damned awful of late and the fact we are total underdogs which is when we do well. Still I hold out little hope of much to cheer.

We'll play well enough to nearly beat them.

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Jacques Hunt said:

FFS!!! Mon tae f**k!  We need all the help we can get. Nobody is going to put their arm around you and tell you everything is going to be all right. Just get behind the team and support them. I thought I was a negative c**t, but this is ridiculous. You are Scottish, something to be proud of. this is England, Wembley, World Cup qualifier. Just go and get behind the team. Win, lose or draw, support the team and your country.

Totally agree. I am absolutely buzzing for this game. We will play better than the recent double header and we have a chance. We have been poor, yes, but they are the worst top seed and vulnerable with Southgate as their boss. I was there when we beat them in 99 and no-one gave us a chance after losing at home. I was also there in the recent 3-2 defeat and we played well that night and were unlucky to lose. I will be singing my heart out and supporting the boys fully. If the players have belief we can win. Come on Scotland! 

9 minutes ago, simonmk said:

Aye, go and spend a load of time and money on any old rubbish we are served continually.

No thanks.

Bought the t-shirt, and its worn out now.

99.9% of football supporters support unsuccessful teams, club or/and country. If it was a logic thing, we'd simply go and support Germany and Barcelona. But it's either in your heart or it's no. Fair enough if you don't want to spend your money - we all have priorities to balance. Your choice, but there will be loads of folk in London looking for a ticket - perhaps you should consider making yours available to someone who wants to get behind the team. 

1 hour ago, Jacques Hunt said:

99.9% of football supporters support unsuccessful teams, club or/and country. If it was a logic thing, we'd simply go and support Germany and Barcelona. But it's either in your heart or it's no. Fair enough if you don't want to spend your money - we all have priorities to balance. Your choice, but there will be loads of folk in London looking for a ticket - perhaps you should consider making yours available to someone who wants to get behind the team. 

My support will always be there, just st at the minute, not so much as previously. Most club supporters are the same, different things come along and they move on from physically going to games.

i don't have a ticket for the game, logically, it's on my doorstep, and I can drive there for £10 fuel, and he home at a reasonable time, unlike home games, but, even given the cost, and relative time saving, I just can't get excited over it. I'm not one of the "tartan army" who go to games to get hammered and have a party in the street, with the football coming second.

The football is the reason the vast majority of us go; we try and enjoy it as well amid some slim pickings, but we are due a good result and performance. If the team are struggling they need our support even more. It's not often easy being a Scotland fan, but I always fancy us and travel more than merely in hope tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, simonmk said:

My support will always be there, just st at the minute, not so much as previously. Most club supporters are the same, different things come along and they move on from physically going to games.

i don't have a ticket for the game, logically, it's on my doorstep, and I can drive there for £10 fuel, and he home at a reasonable time, unlike home games, but, even given the cost, and relative time saving, I just can't get excited over it. I'm not one of the "tartan army" who go to games to get hammered and have a party in the street, with the football coming second.

Fair enough mate. I went through a wee phase like this in early nineties ( and we were better then and qualifying for tournaments). It was still ultimately disappointing albeit at a much further stage in tourney. Luckily, EURO 96 came along, was on the doorstep and I recaptured my interest. I am fortunate in that I have seen my team in finals tournaments and win at Wembley but it still stirs the passion to the point that when I miss a game due to working away, I feel kind of guilty!! For the record, I do not get hammered either; try watching Scotland stone, cold sober!!!

After getting a flicker of a buzz at the start of this week and last couple of days (seemed impossible after last month) it is tempered with a gut feeling that the belief amongst the majority of the squad  has basically gone and they know strachans time is virtually up. I'm sensing something similar to Belgium away a few years ago where we basically laboured to a 2 nil defeat.

Edited by JECK

I've got the buzz but would settle for a draw right now and that is sad really. It is supposed to be entertainment but not really sure watching Scotland is entertainment. Like going to watch Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. You are at the cinema but you cannae really say you are enjoying the film.

I remember being devastated after the 2-0 defeat at Wembley in 1996 - I only feel indifference about tonight's game - wasn't even going to bother watching but I've been tempted out to the pub (going for a few pints with a mate I've not seen in ages - game is a minor sideshow). 

16 hours ago, RabtheBruce said:

Totally agree. I am absolutely buzzing for this game. We will play better than the recent double header and we have a chance. We have been poor, yes, but they are the worst top seed and vulnerable with Southgate as their boss. I was there when we beat them in 99 and no-one gave us a chance after losing at home. I was also there in the recent 3-2 defeat and we played well that night and were unlucky to lose. I will be singing my heart out and supporting the boys fully. If the players have belief we can win. Come on Scotland! 

Our 1999 was infinitely better than the collection of mediocrities we'll field tonight.