London Boozers - Page 4 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London Boozers

DoonTheSlope

Was in the Marquis near Covent Garden pre match, great pub. Busy but served very quickly. Locals were great apart from some Green Street wannabees who turned up for 10mins then pissed off. The pint of cider and jaeger bomb along with my Wetherspoons breakfast early doors  near Tottenham Court tube station was rough i can tell you.:o

15 of us from Rosyth were in the Coopers Arms on Kilburn High Rd....this was an auld pub looking like it had not changed in 50yrs. Outside busy street full of shops /banks/pubs / the usual high street stuff. Inside a dozen regulars who let us get on with singing, betting on the cuddies on the telly,juke box after racing finished,,, cleaning them out of vodka and brandy..£3 a double,2 runs to Tescos... 5 bottles beer a tenner. And a dram or two from the owner. 5 min walk at 6pm to tube..then 10mins to Wembley....Back to Holiday Inn West after game, got 3 taxis no bother on Harrow Rd....Proper London prices there..STV crew tanning it on expenses...with a bit of help.....

Most folk I know seemed to struggle to get in anywhere after the game. My bro and mates ended up in a gay pub in Camden as was only place that would let them in. I ended up in Walkabout at Embankment, as my mate who lives in London said he'd be there on a stag do. Was no sign of him and phone was dead, but at least I got in (even if I was on my own).

Before the game i was drinking around euston the euston tap,Doric arh and the bree louise are cracking pubs after the game we went to the end of the world pub in finsbury park a great pub cask beer,live music and opened till one in the morning.went to the dagenham game on the saturday the pubs near the ground were ok.after the game went to the beavertown brewery in tottenham hale it only opens on saturdays.the beers were not my bag really. it was full of younger folk but interesting anyway after there went back to findbury park the faltering fullback,the old dairy and the one across the road (i cant remember its name) were worth a visit.

Ian

• 2 years later...
On 11/7/2016 at 5:10 PM, Thomo said:

No wonder your missus goes out all day.  She probably goes out to get away from you.  What a boring lumpen twat.  Why the do you think anyone is interested in your shite post about chucking a stew in the oven then factoring in a snooze.   Jesus wept as some of the inane pointless drivel that pops on on the internet.  

😂😂😂