London Boozers - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London Boozers

DoonTheSlope

Thought I'd start a thread specifically for boozer queries and recommendations instead having to wade through a power a' shite in the other threads

Can anyone help me and give me the name of a boozer that has separate wee booths all the way round the bar? I'm positive it was just off Oxford Street and was fairly reasonably priced (4 LDN) at around £4.50 a pint. Last time at Wembers we went in on the Monday and Tuesday and it was rammed with tidies from the city with there pencil skirts and low cut blouses on. Hopefully they have dress down Friday doon south anaw 

????

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Thought I'd start a thread specifically for boozer queries and recommendations instead having to wade through a power a' shite in the other threads

Can anyone help me and give me the name of a boozer that has separate wee booths all the way round the bar? I'm positive it was just off Oxford Street and was fairly reasonably priced (4 LDN) at around £4.50 a pint. Last time at Wembers we went in on the Monday and Tuesday and it was rammed with tidies from the city with there pencil skirts and low cut blouses on. Hopefully they have dress down Friday doon south anaw 

????

kind of sounded loke ah place i was in soho went into a wee cubicle  y put 50p in a slot and looked through a little hole and watched wimen bollock naked

Edited by stinky

10 minutes ago, stinky said:

kind of sounded loke ah place i was in soho went into a wee cubicle  y put 50p in a slot and looked through a little hole and watched wimen bollock naked

that was amsterdam....i'm sure i saw hugh dallas in a booth....but not sure....think he might hiv been affside...

1 minute ago, bigfathagiz said:

that was amsterdam....i'm sure i saw hugh dallas in a booth....but not sure....think he might hiv been affside...

lol ah remeber a guy comin oot the booth and runnin aboot asking people if they had any 50ps fur change as he hud lost his whistle

38 minutes ago, stinky said:

Soho must have been cleaned up when we first went on a boozie in London because we never seen anything like that at all. There was the odd place with Chinese women trying to get us in for a massaa but that was it. We even got KB'd from Stringfellows at the Nigeria game because my mate had an Nike waterproof on in adverse conditions!

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Soho must have been cleaned up when we first went on a boozie in London because we never seen anything like that at all. There was the odd place with Chinese women trying to get us in for a massaa but that was it. We even got KB'd from Stringfellows at the Nigeria game because my mate had an Nike waterproof on in adverse conditions!

i never knew chinese wimmin did chicken tikka massala

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

yeah that wis early 80s jist left the school at 16 heading for tams gig thurs nite that will save us a few 50ps then 

14 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Anyone aware of the London rules around nightclub entry? Quite keen on a discodance post-match but unsure of whether door staff will be strict if you have a Scotland top on...

We got KBd from Stringfellows last time because my mate had a Nike waterproof on. There's also O'Reillys in Soho that's open late which was a disco-pub place. It was open till 2 last time

As for out and out nightclubs you'd be better hearing from one of our Anglo members

Edited by DoonTheSlope

10 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

we got in a place at Leicester sq. we got in the bar first then were asked to move into the club. on the main rd

oh man dancing in the street bit cold fur that whit if its raining are you allowed to stay in the pub bit:(

19 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

hah the club was next door. we actually tried to get in club first but said it was a tenner, but we could go into bar for free, we were in ten mins then got a free pass to the club.

:spin: nice one

2 minutes ago, oneforcolin said:

One of the boys phoned The Torch today about 25 of us booking a table etc. No prob was the answer.

He got a call 30 min later to say The Torch has been allocated to England fans!

phone them again tell them you huv a thousand TA for dinner  think y wis  table robbed :o

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

We got KBd from Stringfellows last time because my mate had a Nike waterproof on. There's also O'Reillys in Soho that's open late which was a disco-pub place. It was open till 2 last time

As for out and out nightclubs you'd be better hearing from one of our Anglo members

O'Reilly's could be a shout, cheers. No doubt our group will be after out and out clubs for the sake of potential clunge so will see how it goes...