Score Predictions - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score Predictions

Guest BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz

I am clinging to the hope that from time to time, we pull a huge result out of the bag when given absolutely no chance and out of the pink:

1-2.

Edited by BlueGaz

4-0 England if he starts Darren Fletcher, Matt Ritchie who have been gash the last 2 games and Darren Fletcher is done for me and has been for a long time.  Also he will be stubborn and pick Martin or Stevie Fletcher up front again in front of Griffiths.  Don't hold out much hope at all of getting a result down there if he wont pick the right team instead of his favs!!

i think it will be 3-1 to them.

BUT there is a wee niggle in the back of my head that is telling me we will sneak this 2-1. I don't know if this is just me hanging onto something to make me go to the game or you just never know.

i just think we can raise our game but think they are crap and they can't do any better than there last 2 games.

Going by our recent performances and the quality of goals we concede I think England will score 4 goals. Our central defence is the worst I have ever seen in a Scotland team and there aren't many alternatives to what we've been picking. Strachan missed the chance to try out different combinations in the friendlies this year. Without that solid foundation we are going to struggle to do anything.

Mentioned before about how there was no one defensively minded in the current set up and suggested having a defensive coach drilling the defence, was dismissed by a lot of people on here who listed great managers who weren't defenders but in our current shambolic state we need all the help we can get.

As poor as England are right now by their standards, they have players with pace and experience of Champions league/international tournaments/challenging for or winning Prem. We have championship defenders. Got a horrible feeling Walcott and Sterling will destroy us. 

Yes, they have got better players. Yes, most of their players play at a higher standard. Yes, most of our players don't seem particularly passionate about the national team. But this is a derby FFS. This is our biggest auldest rival and I expect anyone wearing a Scotland shirt in this game to give their all. We as supporters are up for the game but with seemingly no hope. That will feed through to the players. I have a feeling we might sneak a 2-1 win.

i believe!

i have to, as if our players can't get up for this game then we really are done for.

Edited by glesgadan