Tickets arrived... - Page 3 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets arrived...

The Bunnet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The front few rows behind goal were £35, the rest £45. The corner was £55, pitch side was £65.

Upstairs were £45 apart from the first dozen or so rows which were £55.

There was a £10 discount anywhere for U16 or over 65's.

Where did that information come from, because obviously supporters have been given tickets contrary to the above. I do remember seeing the front few rows coloured as £35 tickets but not sure if that was specifically for our end. The front row should absolutely be the minimum price. Surely we are not paying more than the equivalent seats in the England end.

6 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The front few rows behind goal were £35, the rest £45. The corner was £55, pitch side was £65.

Upstairs were £45 apart from the first dozen or so rows which were £55.

There was a £10 discount anywhere for U16 or over 65's.

We're block 533 top tier, row 23 and were 35 quid tickets, special delivery. Got another one in 133 that was standard delivery and arrived the same time.

531 row 33 for us. £45 tickets. Would have preferred the lower tier but just happy to get my hands on the tickets. Also delighted to have avoided the pick-up which would have inconvenienced pre-match plans as we only get into London at 3pm...

Edited by Angusfifer

128 for us, £55 tickets, delighted with the seats and that none of us got selected for pick up, 5pm at the stadium is pretty horrible!

Also saw someone tweeting the SSC page complaining because the tickets had "Together for England" on them. Found that very amusing, as if we would be printing our own tickets for an away game.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:07 AM, Angusfifer said:

531 row 33 for us. £45 tickets. Would have preferred the lower tier but just happy to get my hands on the tickets. Also delighted to have avoided the pick-up which would have inconvenienced pre-match plans as we only get into London at 3pm...

paid 45squid fur ma ticket and am in 131 row 33 looks like ah need ma tinnie on

:ph34r:

Annoyed with Royal Mail. The old man called the SSC today as our tickets hadn't turned up. SSC girl says they have probably arrived and are at your sorting office. Dad makes clear that there was no slip to show attempted delivery.

Girl at the SSC checks the tracking number and attempted delivery took place on the 3rd.

Old man goes to the sorting office and says what's happened and the guy there says he shouldn't hand over any special delivery without the collection card. The guy says they can attempt to redeliver them again. Dad explains the predicament. He describes the letter, the fact it will have come from Glasgow and it contained tickets for Fridays game. Eventually the guy gives him our tickets.

Shan that the Royal Mail make no attempt to deliver a Special Delivery letter, then leave their customers scrabbling around trying to resolve the situation.

What I found amazing is the SSC girl said that this happens all the time. A new delivery agent required methinks.

Anyway, tickets in hand now, We'll be coming!

J

7 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Annoyed with Royal Mail. The old man called the SSC today as our tickets hadn't turned up. SSC girl says they have probably arrived and are at your sorting office. Dad makes clear that there was no slip to show attempted delivery.

Girl at the SSC checks the tracking number and attempted delivery took place on the 3rd.

Old man goes to the sorting office and says what's happened and the guy there says he shouldn't hand over any special delivery without the collection card. The guy says they can attempt to redeliver them again. Dad explains the predicament. He describes the letter, the fact it will have come from Glasgow and it contained tickets for Fridays game. Eventually the guy gives him our tickets.

Shan that the Royal Mail make no attempt to deliver a Special Delivery letter, then leave their customers scrabbling around trying to resolve the situation.

What I found amazing is the SSC girl said that this happens all the time. A new delivery agent required methinks.

J

Glad you got it sorted out, mate. I would have been flapping like a demented crow by now if I was still waiting for my ticket!

22 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

Standard practice these days unfortunately

The Royal Mail rarely actually attempt to deliver special delivery, recorded delivery etc items these days. You do get a card through the door if you are lucky with a barely legible scribble and then you're left to your own devices to get hold of your item.

Most of the time they dont put an attempted delivery time on the card as you then know you were in and that they didn't actually attempt delivery.

Its basically much quicker to shove a card through your door (or not even that) than it is to ring the bell and wait a few seconds for you to answer.

The package then goes back to the sorting office for you to collect in no less than 48 hours time. At your time and expense.

It is no longer about delivery, it is about completing the round on time.

Sad but true.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

On 03/11/2016 at 7:40 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

So if the SFA paid £6.20 for postage and the envelope cost about 5p if that, since I paid £7.50 postage that's a tidy wee profit from over 13,000 tickets.....

Pick your ticket up if it's such a problem for you.

5 hours ago, deecie said:

Pick your ticket up if it's such a problem for you.

Usually do but on this occasion it wasn't convenient.

Not the biggest problem I need to deal with, I just wondered what people's thoughts were on the SSC making £10k plus on postage costs that's all. No objection to paying the postage costs, but considering we pay £50 membership fee it seems to me to be a bit of a piss take to sneakily make an extra few grand by overcharging on it. 

I'm thinking it is a legitimate question!