Starting Xi V Germany - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Xi V Germany

Rob

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The questions are

Marshall or McGregor?

Whittaker or Forsyth?

Do you try and fit McArthur in?

Naismith up front or behind the striker or on the right?

I would definitely go with McGregor and Forsyth.

I think I would be tempted to play McArthur behind Fletcher and Mulgrew.

---------------- McGregor

Hutton -- Martin -- Hanley -- Forsyth

-----------------McArthur

--------- D. Fletcher Mulgrew

Naismith ---- --------- ----------- Anya

---------------- S. Fletcher

I would have mulgrew back to left back now and play real midfielders in there beside fletcher who will play even although I think he shouldn't , I would also start Bryson before macarthur any day of the week , having followed the championship very closely last season Bryson is the best midfielder in that league by a country mile , 16 goals and same amount of assists would back up that statement

I would have mulgrew back to left back now and play real midfielders in there beside fletcher who will play even although I think he shouldn't , I would also start Bryson before macarthur any day of the week , having followed the championship very closely last season Bryson is the best midfielder in that league by a country mile , 16 goals and same amount of assists would back up that statement

McArthur is a fantastic midfielder who does an equally great job breaking up play and getting forward, his passing is good too. Bryson has been great at Derby but he only has two caps so far, in contrast McArthur has fifteen caps and has experienced big games. To throw Bryson into the deep end against the world champions would not be a good idea. McArthur will most probably play because he's been tried and tested for Scotland.

Mulgrew's positioning as a left-back isn't good enough.

And Thomas Mueller is very good at exploiting that kind of thing.

From the little I've seen of Forsyth, he's a solid full-back with no weaknesses in his game.

I would definitely pick Forsyth before Mulgrew (although I would pick Mulgrew before I picked Whittaker)

i think Mulgrew has been quite good in midfield especially Croatia at home and Nigeria friendly ,as for Bryson don,t think he can handle the step up as we saw against Norway where he was awful and hooked at half time

That was

i think Mulgrew has been quite good in midfield especially Croatia at home and Nigeria friendly ,as for Bryson don,t think he can handle the step up as we saw against Norway where he was awful and hooked at half time

Nonsense , know for a fact strachan apologised to him for playing him on right side of midfield as he's a box to box central midfielder , if he'd played there and got the hook at half time I would agree with you , mulgrew is not even good in that position for celtic so go for players who play there week in week out with their clubs

Steven Fletcher isn't good enough to play up front on his own. Doesn't work hard enough. Naismith will start.

Fletcher should play against the team's that we will dominate.

McGregor must start before Marshall. No contest in my eyes. As long as Gordon's nowhere near the team though I will be happy.

Left back is the real problem. Muller will roast Mulgrew, Whittaker or Forsyth. No idea how we could stop him though! :um-no: