Teirney oot - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Teirney oot

macy37

11 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Maybe trying untested players in friendlies rather than Wembley would be a good idea though?

Shinnie hasn't played left-back for 2-3 seasons, he's a centre-mid now and Kingsley hasn't played a competitive game for Scotland.

Don't know what you have against Wallace.

I have nothing against Wallace, I just don't think he's good enough.

shinnie has played left back, nit as much this season but it's certainly not been 2-3 seasons since he's played there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tierney being out is worse than Snodgrass imo. Aye snoddy can be a great player for us but last 2 games he's been posted missing, looks good against Malta and Gibraltar but so do half our players.

Tierney is a real quality left back, who has pace, can tackle, great on 1 v 1 situations. real shame that the boy is out

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have nothing against Wallace, I just don't think he's good enough.

shinnie has played left back, nit as much this season but it's certainly not been 2-3 seasons since he's played there.

So you would start an uncapped player who is no longer considered a left back ahead of an experienced player who was in the last 2 squads?

I thought some of Strachan's decisions were baffling.

7 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

So you would start an uncapped player who is no longer considered a left back ahead of an experienced player who was in the last 2 squads?

I thought some of Strachan's decisions were baffling.

Yes I would, I'd also start Kingsley before both of them.

being in the last two squads is not relevant, I'd play the best from what we have available and I don't believe Wallace is the best LB available. 

I wouldn't even have Wallace in the squad.

I think being in the squad recently is very relevant.  Given the choice between two players of similar quality,  I'd sooner go with the one who had recently trained with the team,  before one that had not. 

Wallace and Shinnie are there or thereabouts,  so it'd be far from the worst decision in the world to start Wallace.  I'd much rather have Tierney,  but God hates us.  

8 hours ago, Debian said:

Folk thinking Shinnie is anywhere near as good as Wallace ??

Stay off the drugs lads.

You're right, he's not as good as Wallace, he's much better. he also has the pleasure of playing for the famous (C) deccie 

Not quite sure what Bob Bradley was thinking last night..

His first game, he leaves Kingsley on the bench and they ship 3 goals.
Next game he's back in the team.. clean sheet.
Last night.. leaves him out the squad and they ship 3 again.

They've not conceded 3 any game where Kingsley played in.
Of the 4 league games he hasn't played in they've let in 3 in 3 of them.
And of the 3 games Swansea have won this season, Kinglsey's played 90 minutes in 2 of them.

Of course, I'm not saying it's entirely down to Kingsley, but the pattern would certainly seem that they're better with him in the team.

17 hours ago, Debian said:

Folk thinking Shinnie is anywhere near as good as Wallace ??

Stay off the drugs lads.

Brian Easton is a better player than Wallace. Played at a much higher level. Let's not kid ourselves. The SFA have history of capping Huns to keep the orcs onside.

Edited by Ormond

Left back pecking order IMO should be: 

Robertson/Teirney

Kingsley

Shinnie

Wallace

I fully expect Strachan to start Wallace vs England and for him to get a real roasting. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Robertson/Teirney

Kingsley

Shinnie

Wallace

I fully expect Strachan to start Wallace vs England and for him to get a real roasting. 

Most would agree with that order I think. Doubt any of us have seen Barry Douglas enough recently to confidently place him. 

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Robertson/Teirney

Kingsley

Shinnie

Wallace

I'd probably put Craig Forsyth in between Kingsley and Shinnie.. unfortunately he's done his ACL, so is also unavailable for the England game.

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

You smoking crack when you typed that!?

Tell me again about the posties, joiners and plumbers that Wallace has made a career out of playing against? There's a long history of capping the odd hun here and there to keep the zombies hush.

I'll also state that Easton is nowhere near good enough now for International football. Therefore Wallace should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey. 

Edited by Ormond

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, Morrisandmoo said:

I think being in the squad recently is very relevant.  Given the choice between two players of similar quality,  I'd sooner go with the one who had recently trained with the team,  before one that had not. 

Wallace and Shinnie are there or thereabouts,  so it'd be far from the worst decision in the world to start Wallace.  I'd much rather have Tierney,  but God hates us.  

This.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Brian Easton is a better player than Wallace. Played at a much higher level. Let's not kid ourselves. The SFA have history of capping Huns to keep the orcs onside.

What even is this?

Brian Easton? You've made my night ?

and a Rangers SFA conspiracy? Its been maybe 5 years since Scotland started a Rangers player in a competitive match.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Tell me again about the posties, joiners and plumbers that Wallace has made a career out of playing against? There's a long history of capping the odd hun here and there to keep the zombies hush.

I'll also state that Easton is nowhere near good enough now for International football. Therefore Wallace should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey. 

Well done you've won the ridiculous comment of the day award 

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Well done you've won the ridiculous comment of the day award 

With the absolute pish you come out with I'll take that as a compliment. Anybody who calls theirself ProudScot or Braveheart Whatever, I tend to take them for the clowns they invariably are! 

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:07 AM, Ormond said:

With the absolute pish you come out with I'll take that as a compliment. Anybody who calls theirself ProudScot or Braveheart Whatever, I tend to take them for the clowns they invariably are! 

Its a username ffs.

you're telling us Brian Easton is a better player than Lee Wallace then calling us clowns ?

On 01/11/2016 at 4:33 PM, Ormond said:

I'm not sure Strachan is picking Wallace to keep Huns happy, he's picking him because he has no idea what he's doing.

ive read the excuse on here that Wallace has experience being around the squad, this is irrelevant, if a player is good enough they should be called up and given a chance. Wallace's career over the last five years has been playing part time footballers. Whilst Kingston and Shinnie may not have experience of being with the national squad, they've both been playing at a higher level than Wallace. Shinnie in particular has been consistent in his performances which include captaining ICT to their Scottish cup win as also captaining the 2nd best side in Scotland. 

I have a bad feeling that Strachan will start Wallace at Wembley, any manager worth their salt will target him and we will be torn to shreds. Kingsley has to start.